Keyboard for 60s psych/70s kraut?

Discussion in 'Keyboard Purchase Recommendations' started by Krautman, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Krautman

Krautman

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy my first keyboard. I've got musical experience with bass, guitar, mandolin and stick and now the basics of music theory/note reading. I'd like to get a keyboard in the 300-500 euros range and I'd like to get some convincing 60s psychedelic rock sounds (hammond-esque I suppose).

I'd also like to do some drone/ambient experimenting, and if it does some convincing "acoustic piano" that'd be great as well. I'm also into 80s horror soundtracks, but I'm guessing that might be a stretch to have all of these sounds in 1 keyboard.

Do you guys have any recommendations for me? MIDI would also be a great extra.
    Thanks!

Krautman, Feb 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Krautman

The Y_man Moderator

If you are not after a workstation/arranger (i.e. a straight synth) maybe a Korg PS-60

http://www.korg.com/ps60

The Y-man

The Y_man, Feb 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Krautman

ootini

For drones and textures the 80's / 90's Korgs were hard to beat. The Wavestation being the standout choice. It's pianos weren't great though. I'd suggest a second hand workstation of some description, that will probably cover "most" of the sounds you're after, a second hand Trinity or Roland XP series maybe.

ootini, Feb 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question