Keyboard for 60s psych/70s kraut?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy my first keyboard. I've got musical experience with bass, guitar, mandolin and stick and now the basics of music theory/note reading. I'd like to get a keyboard in the 300-500 euros range and I'd like to get some convincing 60s psychedelic rock sounds (hammond-esque I suppose).

I'd also like to do some drone/ambient experimenting, and if it does some convincing "acoustic piano" that'd be great as well. I'm also into 80s horror soundtracks, but I'm guessing that might be a stretch to have all of these sounds in 1 keyboard.

Do you guys have any recommendations for me? MIDI would also be a great extra.
Thanks!

Reaction score
For drones and textures the 80's / 90's Korgs were hard to beat. The Wavestation being the standout choice. It's pianos weren't great though. I'd suggest a second hand workstation of some description, that will probably cover "most" of the sounds you're after, a second hand Trinity or Roland XP series maybe.

Ask a Question