Keyboard for Honky Tonk/Blues Beginner

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been listening to this sort of music for a while. Over the week, I somehow found myself in a bar where there was a piano. The guy played amazingly and the atmosphere was awesome. (Ofcourse, I don't expect to compete!) I've watched my tutorials on YouTube but I don't even have a keyboard! But I want to give this a go!

I don't want to travel too far, and I don't want to spend more than £50.

Are any of you familiar with the following models? I can get these fairly cheaply but I don;t know if they are good.

YAMAHA EZ-200
YAMAHA YPT-210
CASIO LK-300TV
YAMAHA PSR-E313
CASIO CTK-601

I really have no idea what to look for in a beginner keyboard!

Antony...

Reaction score
Welcome.

As long as the keyboard works, all buttons do what they are supposed to do and most importantly when you press each key with the same effort the tone produced is clear and they are even in volume to each other then it does not matter to much which you get but the EZ then PSR would be better.

None are really going to set the world on fire but the thing that matters is you learn and stick with it and the frequent reality is that someone buys an old keyboard to learn then find problems with it and they give up.

Since a new Casio CT S100 can be bought for £90 you really would be better served by buying a new keyboard.

If you can visit a music store and have the Sales guy show you want they have in stock

Ask a Question