Keyboard freezes up after a couple of minutes every time I connect it to my DAW.

Reaction score
Hi!
So, last christmas, I got a keyboard (a LP-6210C, not sure wich company) as a present, but I only recently tried using it as a midi keyboard.
It does recognize it, and it even works for a couple minutes, before it just freezes up and I have to restart the DAW and disconnect and reconnect the keyboard, rinse and repeat. And in case you were wondering, it DOES advertise itself as a midi-keyboard as well as a regular keyboard, and it even recommends to use it with Cakewalk, which I have tried, as well as LMMS. I've even tried different midi-cables (the usb-type, not the 5-pin-type). I'm not sure if it's my computer (a lenovo laptop, running windows 10), or if it's the keyboard, but I'd really apprectiate it if someone could help my endeavour.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Welcome.

These keyboards are on Amazon UK at £97 and marketed as a Clifton (never heard of them) so please do not set expectations at a high level for a keyboard at this price point.

It sounds like it may well be a connection issue, can you advise on the number of different cables you have tried and how they feel when plugged into the keyboard?

Reaction score
Hi! Sorry for the late response, I was asleep.
I actually only have 2 USB midi cables, but I don't think the connection is being interrupted, because if it was, I'm pretty sure it would make the little jingle that plays when you disconnect a USB device. And they don't feel loose when I plug it into my laptop, either.

Ask a Question