KEYBOARD KORG PA600 VS YAMAHA PSR SX600

Reaction score
I am planning to buy my first key board my wish is to get KORG PA600. I am reading a lot of complaints on this model, second option was PSR SX600, CAN SOMEONE GUIDE ME

Reaction score
Honestly, save up some more and go for the next model in the ranges, the Pa600 dates back to 2012 and Korg have release other models and their starter arranger is now a completely different model in the Ek50

The Korg Pa700 is a much newer model than the Pa600 and its operating system was last updated nearly a year ago hence it is due an update. There is not a lot wrong with the Pa700/1000 range and the features within the keyboard are imo better than the equivalent Yamaha models.

The Yamaha PSR SX700 is much superior in its specifications and inboard feature compared to the SX600 and is imo worth the extra cash for this alone.

The SX700 is a newer keyboard than the Korg Pa700 but age is not the be all and end all, if you compare the features that matter side by side you will then work out which is the better keyboard for your needs.

Korg have their Video Manual series of get you started tutorials on their Youtube channel that I would advise you to watch them alll two or three times each.

Yamaha have on the product website a Tab labelled Audio & Video where you fill find their tutorials on the SX700

Finally, either make will have their own learning curve for the way the keyboard operates, so do be warned it is a steep learning curve. The good news is after you watch tha tutorials you should be able to get sounds out of it and set off the style play mode very easily.

Good luck

Last edited:

3dc

Reaction score
It depends what do you need from keyboard or what is intended use. If you are going to use a keyboard mainly at home then Yamaha PSR-SX600 is far better choice then old Korg Pa600 but if you plan to use keyboard for more serious purposes like gigs and some basic music arrangements with high quality sounds then follow @Biggles advice. The only difference is I would pick Korg Pa700 mostly for gigs ( 2x 25W speakers ) and Yamaha PSR-SX 700 mostly for music arrangements. They are both capable tools in right hands and they both have proper sequencer however only Yamaha supports wav format.

Reaction score
If you look at the webpage below you will be able to compare each of the SX models side by side.

Note that the 600 does not have a touchscreen and what screen it does have is small and low res. Not having a touchscreen is imo enough to totally discount it. Spinning a dial or using cursors and continually having to button press in a keyboard is a pain and best avoided.

Ask a Question