Keyboard players are kings.

Reaction score
New to this forum, been playing for (gulp) 58 years. I currently have a Korg M1, Korg SP250, and just purchased a Yamaha MM6. Also have a Roland SC50 and do some home recording, mostly for fun and to have tracks to accompany motorcycle ride videos.

Hoping there are experts here in case I run into snags, and hope to be able to add some wisdom as well. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Ron...

Welcome aboard. Nobody here claims to be an "expert" at anything but somehow we all manage to muddle thru and help each other out.

Regards,
Gary

Reaction score
Hey Ron. Thanks for the reply about the M1 battery. I just picked it up last month (I used to use my friend's about 15 years ago and always liked it), and was worried about the battery life. But the last owner said he just changed it, so I should be set for awhile. What do you think of the MM6? I almost got one, but bought a Roland Juno Di instead (which I think is awesome).

Reaction score
Hey Ron. Thanks for the reply about the M1 battery. I just picked it up last month (I used to use my friend's about 15 years ago and always liked it), and was worried about the battery life. But the last owner said he just changed it, so I should be set for awhile. What do you think of the MM6? I almost got one, but bought a Roland Juno Di instead (which I think is awesome).

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes. I don't actually have the MM6 yet, it's on the way and should be here by the end of the week. Yes, if the battery was recently changed you should be good for several years. If you don't already have the M1 patches it's worth doing a 'dump' (in a SysEX utility) to save them for when you do need to change the battery. ;)

I considered the Juno Di; but I absolutely love the Motif voices, and the MM6 has those. Plus I got an incredible deal on an open box - and I have an 'in' at Yamaha.

See y'all around the forums!

Ask a Question