Keyboard recommendation

Reaction score
Yamaha I 425 or E353, which is most suited for a beginner, objective is just play at home for the purpose of recreation.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Isn't there quite a price difference between those two models? I thought the PSR-I425 and PSR-I455 were even more expensive than the PSR-E453? Or is the PSR-I425 a used instrument that someone is selling at a reduced price?

My first thought is to say that the PSR-I425 is a more advanced instrument than the PSR-E353 and would be better as far as something that's easy to use now but also offering plenty of room for growth. It has a pitch bend wheel and two assignable knobs, which the PSR-E353 doesn't have.

On the other hand, the PSR-E353 has an AUX IN jack, which the PSR-I425 and PSR-I455 don't have.

What about the PSR-E443, PSR-E453, or PSR-EW400? Are they available in your area, and if so, are they priced within your range? The PSR-EW400 has 76 keys, LINE OUT jacks, USB audio, and more powerful amplifiers for its built-in speakers, so it costs a good bit more than the PSR-E453, but the PSR-E443, PSR-E453, and PSR-EW400 have the AUX IN jack, plus the pitch bend wheel and two assignable knobs, so they'd be good alternatives if they aren't out of your price range.

Anyway, the PSR-E353 would certainly be a fine instrument for a beginner, but if you can afford the PSR-E443 or PSR-E453 it would be like a combination of the PSR-E353 and PSR-I425, except with DJ patterns rather than tabla/tanpura patterns. And the PSR-EW400 would be even better because of its wider keyboard with 76 keys, which can make a big difference if you're playing compositions for the piano. However, if you can't afford any of those three, the PSR-I425 would also be a fine choice. I have the YPT-400, which is the same as the PSR-E403 but with a different model name, and the PSR-I425 is a customized version of the PSR-E403 with additional Indian voices and styles-- but without either the DJ patterns or tabla/tanpura patterns, which didn't appear until later models.

Ask a Question