Keyboard Recommendations??

Reaction score
I am a worship leader at a church and play with a full band, I have aproximately $2000 to spend on a new keyboard and want to make the right purchase. It has to be 88 weighted keys and have an incredible Grand Piano Sound. I was thinking about that Yamaha cp300........I would like some recommendations though. Thanks!

Reaction score
Honestly, if I were U...I would go with the Motif XS8. I know this is just above ur budget. However, if U go to guitar center...they might cut a church a deal. This would put U within a couple hundred dollars of ur cap...and give U the keyboard U need for what U do. The pianos are really good. The EPs are nice. It has nice strings and the pads aren't bad. This gives you more than just a nice piano...it gives you a full sound-set. Plus...the piano/pad or piano/string sounds will be awesome for worship. I know this is just outside of your budget...but I've played with several large churches...and this is a good investment in your music department.

Reaction score
do you need just piano sounds? what type of songs will you be playing? contemporary worship? hymns? both? i would highly suggest a yamaha s90es. it fits within your budget, and tomlin, redman and hillsong all use them (probably the three biggest worship leaders out there). hope this helps!

Reaction score
I'm currenly researching this for our worship leader. I'm a guitarist and know everything about NOS vintage tube amps, great effects and guitars but I'm an I-D-10-T when it comes to this stuff ;-)

Currently, she's using a Kurzweil PC88MX. Her focus is on the vocalists and she doesn't get into too much in the way of patches other than the strings and some organ sounds here and there.

I'm wondering if the Kurzweil PC161 might be adequate for what she does. I'm assuming that it's piano and basic patches are comparable and she likes the idea of slightly smaller and that it's still a K machine. I found out about this from a guy at the local blues jam who had one and was really happy with it and they're pretty reasonable used.

Otherwise, any other recommendations would be great. I'm really curious about the new Nord for instance and wonder what the consensus is on it's piano and organ sounds.

I'm also used to thinking in terms of tube amps and can't help but wonder what a decent organ patch might sound like running through a Neo Ventilator and a couple of my 57 Deluxes? Has anyone messed about like this?

Ask a Question