keyboard recommendations

Reaction score
I used to play in a band in the 60's and am hoping to do a bit more playing - blues, soul etc but am utterly confused by the keyboards around these days. I'm a half decent musician so need quality, price isn't really a problem if buying secondhand, main criteria are it should be light enough to easily transport, I'm not fussed about weighted keyboard (I play accordion these days), have a good piano sound, and if possible a fair hammond sound. Split keyboard needed and a built in speaker would be good though I suppose it's not essential. The simpler the better and I don't care if it's an old or new model.

Any suggestions welcomed

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Basil.

Money no object, light, piano + hammond, split keyboard, built in speaker.

Built in speaker takes you into the "home keyboard" range (not my area of expertise). Are you going to gig with this one or is it for playing at home?

And welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks -that was quick! A speaker would be nice for convenience but it's for gigs with PA and I may have to take a small foldback amp if neeed, but sound quality overrides need for speaker.

Reaction score
not really - just some choice of sounds - some I've tried just have one "jazz organ" sound which may be OK for one number, but for the whole evening ?????

Reaction score
In that case that Kurzweil is up there with the best of the "new" options for the price.

Have you a music shop near you with a keyboard department?

Ask a Question