Keyboard Speakers for small gigs

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for a decent speaker for my keyboard. I know enough that the keyboard amps aren't great and I'm looking for something that will last and be good in all situations.
Unfortunately, right at this moment the band that I am in doesn't have enough money for a sub to add to their PA system, so I use the bassist spare Gallien-Krueger MB210 Combo... but as he is leaving soon I need to find my own. The speaker must be loud enough to cut though a drum kit on it's own in a beer garden situation like the MB210 was able to. My budget is around $700.
I have also been considering a small PA for my keyboard and when I play with just vocals and keyboard.
If anyone has any suggestions let me know :).
Thanks in advance,
Creed

Reaction score
I have several different possible set-ups, but the one I have been using the most is a pair of Mackie powered speakers. I have the 15" inch ("Thump") in case I want to use them as a small PA. Mackie also makes a 12" cabinet. Both are 400 watts. You make be able to get a pair of the 15" and stay within your budget. Don

Reaction score
There is a company I buy P.A. Speakers from Seismic Audio really great pricing and fast shipping I use two 15's with horns and 300 watt Yamaha powered mixer the two speakers ran about 350.00 with free shipping I've talked to these guys and they know what they are talking about rugged stuff check them out

Ask a Question