Keyboard Stand Comparisons?

Reaction score
Keyboard Stands Questions

Sample Question A
Hello folks,

In advanced sorry for the lengthy text. I wondering if any of you can share your experiences using column, X, and Z-stand; those are the ones I am trying to make up my mind about. Specifically 2-tier ones. Up to this point I have not felt particularly compelled in one direction or another - all having some assortment of shortcomings. It get a bit more complicated when considering I have compact 88-keyboards at less than 11” deep - Casio PX560 & Studiologic Numa Compact 2x respectively.

Ideally I would like a stand that is:
1. Less than $250
2. Efficient in tear down and set-up. (Downside of the Z-stands)
3. Stable for 2 super-slim 88-key keyboards when playing towards the sides of the keyboards. (Downside of the column stand)
4. Compact.
5. Height adjustment between the 2-tiers. (usual downside of X-stands)

It would be gravy on top if I could
- Attach a music stand.
- Attach a microphone stand.
- Comfortably put some accessories underneath, such as 2 sustain pedals and an expression pedal.

My current options are, in no particular order:
1. Attach an Ultimate-X-200 2nd tier attachment onto my current Proline stand.
2. Ultimate APEX48 Pro with 2 13” arms. (Column Stand)
3. Quik-lok Z/726 (Z-stand)
4. Quik-lok QL742 (X-stand)
5. On-Stand KS7365EJ (Z-stand)
6. Hercules KS410B (Z-stand)
7. Harmony Audio 2-tier stand (column)
8. Quick-lok SL-930

Any experiences/testimonials? Factors that I may not be considering?

Thank you in advanced for your time!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I always go with Z stands but I don't have to tear down and rebuild every time I play.

The Onstage double Z is so solid you could tear down a car engine on it.

That's what I like best. No bouncy vibrations when I'm playing hot and heavy.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I have compact 88-keyboards at less than 11” deep - Casio PX560 & Studiologic Numa Compact 2x respectively.

Ideally I would like a stand that is:
1. Less than $250
2. Efficient in tear down and set-up. (Downside of the Z-stands)
3. Stable for 2 super-slim 88-key keyboards when playing towards the sides of the keyboards. (Downside of the column stand)
4. Compact.
5. Height adjustment between the 2-tiers. (usual downside of X-stands)
Factors that I may not be considering?
If part of the reason you selected those boards is their light travel weight, you might want to factor that into your decision as well. Many of the stands you mention can be on the heavy side, possibly heavier than at least one of your keyboards.

My choice would be the K&M 18880 stand with the 18881 second-tier stacker. Sets up and breaks down in maybe about 15 seconds, collapsing to a very compact travel position, stable to the sides, adjustable height 2nd tier. I like to turn the second tier backwards, and rest the front of the top board directly on the rear of the bottom board.

Ask a Question