Keyboard stopped powering on

Reaction score
My Casio Keyboard CTK555L stopped turning on today! Just yesterday I was using it and playing it and today I wanted to see, I didn't have the original adapter I found an adapter and I thought maybe this was the original adapter so I plugged it in the back, it didn't work so I went back to the other adapter and the keyboard stopped turning on! The power will not go on on that organ that adapter that I originally had on my other organ that worked yesterday works on my other Casio Keyboard so it is not an adapter issue! Any advice on how I can get this thing working again or maybe one of you can come over to my place and fix it for me! Thanks

Reaction score
I think you may have cooked something inside your keyboard by using the wrong power adapter.

maybe one of you can come over to my place and fix it for me!

I'm not much on fixing keyboards, but if you like I can source a replacement for you and bring it around.

I see your model of keyboard has sold pre-loved in the past few years for anything from USD13 to USD65. So if you front me an airfare, accommodation, a hot meal and a beer I reckon I'll come out in front.

Alternatively, you might find it more cost effective to use your CTK555L as a boat anchor, coffee table stabiliser, draught excluder, modern art installation piece, snowboard or bookshelf, and stump up a few shekels to get yourself another inexpensive keyboard, new or used.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can have a ice cold beer ready and some Italiano Pasta Lucia ready for you when you arrive but airfare not so much! You should drive anyway, it's alot more fun to travel from wherever you're travelling from, it can't be that far from New York State!

Reaction score
Sounds very tempting, I love Italian food and I most certainly love beer.

However as a quick hover over my avatar will reveal, to drive to New York State I'll likely need one of these:

Reaction score
Welcome and sorry to hear of your problem.

If you can compare the power supplies, voltage of each and polarity of the connecting plug you may find different voltages and different polarities of said power supplies.

If they are different you have fried it, and given the age of your keyboard it is probably time to treat yourself to a brand new one.

BTW
I just knew that Paul’s (Cowboy) response to you would be good!

Reaction score
Welcome and sorry to hear of your problem.

If you can compare the power supplies, voltage of each and polarity of the connecting plug you may find different voltages and different polarities of said power supplies.

If they are different you have fried it, and given the age of your keyboard it is probably time to treat yourself to a brand new one.

BTW
I just knew that Paul’s (Cowboy) response to you would be good!
Thank You! The adapter does work on my other Casio keyboard that I got at the same time as the other one! I just played the one that stopped powering on yesterday and when I tried this other adapter it stopped working all together just for trying a different adapter!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Be it reversed polarity or overvoltage, either way you've fried your CTK and turned it into a boat anchor.

It would cost several times the value of the keyboard to fix it.

Time to visit Amazon and order a replacement keyboard...

One of these will sound better and be cheaper than what you fried.

And BTW, these cheapo Chinese keyboards are usually cheaper to replace than they are to fix.

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question