Keyboard that plays nice with iPad Air 4 and GarageBand

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have an iPad Air 4 which only has a USB C connection and no headphone output. I’m looking for any recommendations/suggestions for a 32 key keyboard that would play nice with my iPad Air 4 and GarageBand.

I started using GarageBand for the first time a few weeks ago and love this app. I even pulled together a project together that I’m pretty proud of, with just using my iPad Air 4... but quickly realized that I want a smaller/portable keyboard.

Recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Samson Carbon, it has 49 keys and even has an inbuilt slot for an iPad
I don't know whether either is suitable for the OP, but Samson's Graphite 49 is a lot nicer than the Carbon. The keys feel so much better! Plus it has aftertouch, and a whole bunch of assignable controls. But really, it's the feel of the action that kills the Carbon for me.

Reaction score
Thanks for the initial responses everyone. I’m going to go with the Arturia mini-lab MKII with a USB C hub. I’ll update this post with my initial findings with this setup.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Probably a bit late but have you considered the iRig Keys Pro 2? This not only has 37 full sized keys, it also has a headphnoe out so works as an interface with the ipad.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Probably a bit late but have you considered the iRig Keys Pro 2? This not only has 37 full sized keys, it also has a headphnoe out so works as an interface with the ipad.

Thanks for your response. I'll give the Arturia a try and if I'm not happy with it, I'll just send it back through Amazon and will give the iRig Keys Pro 2 a look.

Cheers!

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question