Keyboard to midi and speaker output

Reaction score
Hi. I have a nice keyboard but it has no speakers of its own. I connect it via usb to my pc and run some audio software to get it to do anything useful. Im wondering if there is a dedicated midi box or something that i can connect to instead and that also has speaker outputs. Basically the rest of the keyboard haha.

Does this kind of thing exist or am i stuck connecting to a pc forever?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

<EDIT>

Now that I have a bit more time I can expand on my condensed answer.

What you have, is a dedicated MIDI controller keyboard.

Yes it has no built in sounds.

What you need is a sound module (of which several are linked above) and possibly a USB to MIDI HOST adapter if your module and or keyboard lack DIN MIDI ports.

If what I am saying is greek to you, then start searching the forums here and doing some googling of terms.

This subject comes up at least 5 or 6 times a month.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does this kind of thing exist or am i stuck connecting to a pc forever?
If it is a MIDI keyboard controller then you are stuck with it connected to a PC or an iPad or a standalone module.

An alternative to Gary’s suggestion is to buy a keyboard with inbuilt sounds and speakers.

Casio CT S 100 or 200 are low cost keyboards with pretty good features fir the price point. I just bought a CT S 200 for my Grandson for £99.

Ask a Question