Keyboard to PC

Reaction score
I've been trying to connect my keyboard to my PC for a while now, and if im being honest Ive got no idea what im doin. It's a DGX-660, and I have it connected as with a USB AB cable to my computer, but I dont know what softwares use midi or if its transmitting audio (which i dont think it is?) or any of that stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

3dc

Reaction score
Connect your PC and DGX-660 with AB USB 2.0 cable. Make sure you use the black USB 2.0 port on your computer ( not the blue one ). Download driver for DGX-660 here. Install the 64 bit driver. Reset you PC and turn on your DGX-660. See your Computer Related Operations manual for more information.

PC2DGX660.jpg

Reaction score
Connect your PC and DGX-660 with AB USB 2.0 cable. Make sure you use the black USB 2.0 port on your computer ( not the blue one ). Download driver for DGX-660 here. Install the 64 bit driver. Reset you PC and turn on your DGX-660. See your Computer Related Operations manual for more information.

View attachment 2047
So will that let it be recognized as an audio device or a midi device? Also, do you have any recommended software? I'm brand new to all this, and I wanted to be able to use it as an audio input for discord and other apps.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I believe the DGX-660 is just USB MIDI, not USB audio, so the connection should let your DGX-660 be recognized as a USB MIDI device by your computer.

If you want to send your DGX-660's audio to your computer then you'll need to use the PHONES/OUTPUT jack and a TRS audio cable to either connect directly to an audio input jack (stereo LINE IN, not mono MIC IN) on your computer, or connect to a USB audio interface and then connect the audio interface to your computer.

Ask a Question