Keyboard with vintage keyboard emulation modes?

Reaction score
Are there any keyboards with emulation modes for a Roland D-50 or a Yamaha DX-27?

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Should be Yamaha DX-7. Also, were there any keyboards that ever used soundfonts? Particularly from E-mu?

A

Advertising

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
What DAW software composes with the Roland D-05?

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yep. Cakewalk closed it's doors last December.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Yamaha Reface DX isn't a DX7 replacement. The DX7 uses six-operator FM synthesis; the Reface uses 4-operator FM. I believe that the Reface sounds -- while neat -- aren't as complex as the DX7 sounds.

Perhaps the Reface DX matches up to a DX21, or something like that. My memory isn't reliable, that far back.<g>

There _is_ a DX7 software synthesizer -- Dexed -- which has received good reviews. Since it's free, and accepts DX7 patch files, it's worth checking out.

. Charles

Reaction score
Is there any keyboard with a USB pass through? PC/Mac keyboards often have this feature so I was wondering about instrumental keyboards.

Reaction score
I think, for those questions, you'll have to dig into the User Manuals. They're available online.

I suspect that just about any _digital_ keyboard (something that plays back samples, or that works as a _virtual_ analog synth) will have a "Tuning" or "Pitch" setting. It's not hard for the manufacturers to include, and they understand that it may be easier to tune a synth to a pipe-organ in a church, than the other way round.

. Charles

A

Advertising

Ask a Question