Keyboards shutting down at gigs - help!

Reaction score
Hi - I had a terrible problem at our last gig, and wondered if any electronically minded types might have any tips, suggestions, etc.

I have Korg CX-3, and older Roland piano and a Nord Electro rack. At our last show, all three would shut down at one time or another... If you turned them off, and then on again, they would work. Then it would happen again.

It's a medium volume we're playing at -- nothing crazy. I'm running the keyboards and the rack through a Berhinger mixer, which goes in a Mackie 450 SRM self powered monitor. My Korg is going through a Speakeasy tube preamp. The Nord is going through a little tube microphone preamp.

Any help is gratefully accepted. In the past, one keyboard would occasionally stop making sounds, and I'd just turn it off, and then on again. But last Saturday was crazy - it happened about a dozen times.

Thanks for any help

- Adrian

Reaction score
Hi - I had a terrible problem at our last gig, and wondered if any electronically minded types might have any tips, suggestions, etc.

I have Korg CX-3, and older Roland piano and a Nord Electro rack. At our last show, all three would shut down at one time or another... If you turned them off, and then on again, they would work. Then it would happen again.

It's a medium volume we're playing at -- nothing crazy. I'm running the keyboards and the rack through a Berhinger mixer, which goes in a Mackie 450 SRM self powered monitor. My Korg is going through a Speakeasy tube preamp. The Nord is going through a little tube microphone preamp.

Any help is gratefully accepted. In the past, one keyboard would occasionally stop making sounds, and I'd just turn it off, and then on again. But last Saturday was crazy - it happened about a dozen times.

Thanks for any help

- Adrian

Sounds like wackiness w/the electrical current, dude?! :p :eek:

Reaction score
Great idea on the generator. We used one in the 90's for some Burning Man shows. You can also use PC battery units from Fry's or where ever... depending on the length of show. The upside is no gas emissions...

Reaction score
I was just about to post to tell you the same thing... I was having issues with my Korg Krome 61 for the past couple of gigs-- and I thought it was the DC to AC cable...I don't care for how that mini adapter plug goes into the box on a thin line cord which is attached to another thicker cable, and then into the wall outlet, or your surge protector...don't want a middleman, I just want a three-prong thick AC cable that plugs straight into the wall! Korg, that just seems like a cheapo stunt to cut corners for the price. Other than that, I love the board. I'm still going to post my question.

Ask a Question