Keyboards with L/R/3/4 for Key Bass Separation

Reaction score
I'm in search of a new keyboard that I can separate my bass layer to an assignable output, while reserving L/R for stereo layers, for live performances. I've played key bass for two decades using Korg products (including Trinity Pro-x, and other really old models) and have been able to assign my bass layers to Ch3 to send to bass amp/mixer channels.

Currently I've found some keyboards with assignable output (other than L/R), but they usually have way more features than I need and the prices are out of reach for my budget, which is less than $2,000.

1. Korg Kronos 88-Key Music Workstation - $3399
2. Yamaha Montage 8 - $3999
3. Kurzweil Forte 88-Key Stage Piano - $3495
4. Roland RD-200 Digital Stage Piano - $2499

My Question ... what other new keyboards are available that have:

1. L/R/1/2 ...
2. Split / Multiple Layering (with good polyphony)
3. Good stage performance: (Scenes/Combos, seamless changes between patches)
4. Decent library of Basses/Pianos/Strings/etc
5. Preferable less than $1,500
BONUS: grooves/Karma (I'm new to this, but might be fun)

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Attachments

• KronosBackPanel.PNG
    KronosBackPanel.PNG
    240.1 KB · Views: 327

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You can add to that list the Kurzweil PC3K and PC3A series, and you might get lucky with an older PC3x on the used market.

Also not entirely sure about it but the Kurzweil Artis series may have Aux outs as well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You can add to that list the Kurzweil PC3K and PC3A series, and you might get lucky with an older PC3x on the used market.

Also not entirely sure about it but the Kurzweil Artis series may have Aux outs as well.

Gary ;)
Thanks Gary! I'll do some research on these Kurzweils. I'm keep finding that ALL of the newest models from different brands have removed the additional assignable outputs on there mid-range boards. Still searching.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, avoid the PC3LE series from Kurzweil like the plague. It's bar none the biggest lemon they ever produced. People have been bitching about that model for two years ever since it was first introduced.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question