Keys for Guitarist to trigger via Behringer FCB1010. for Single Chord use, live

Reaction score
Hello
I play guitar in a band and I have a handful of songs where I would like to use my Behringer FCB1010 to "play" single chords with my feet. The typical scenario will likely be where I just want to press a button on the FCB1010, to play an accompanying chord. A very simple example of this might be the CCR song "Have you ever Seen the Rain". 4-5 chord song where (towards the end) you can hear a Keyboard playing simple accompanying chords. What I'm looking for specifically is:
Keyboard under $500.00 (Closer to $300.00 is even better) that will work with the FCB1010
That has a reasonably good sound to add the background filler that I'm looking for.
Thanks for any advice

Reaction score
I haven't done this, but I'd look at iOS apps like ChordPolyPad and Navichord for MIDI-triggerable chord generation, which you can use with any other app that has sounds you like. If you don't already own an iPhone or iPad, you can buy the cheapest iPod Touch ($199). Add an interface (like the Korg Plugkey, about $100, though there are some cheaper ones too), allow maybe $50 for apps (could easily be less), and you're still well within budget.

If you have a laptop/tablet computer, that would be another way to go.

If you really want to stick with a keyboard, be aware that most low-cost keyboards these days don't have MIDI ports anymore (only USB).

Reaction score
I haven't done this, but I'd look at iOS apps like ChordPolyPad and Navichord for MIDI-triggerable chord generation, which you can use with any other app that has sounds you like. If you don't already own an iPhone or iPad, you can buy the cheapest iPod Touch ($199). Add an interface (like the Korg Plugkey, about $100, though there are some cheaper ones too), allow maybe $50 for apps (could easily be less), and you're still well within budget.

If you have a laptop/tablet computer, that would be another way to go.

If you really want to stick with a keyboard, be aware that most low-cost keyboards these days don't have MIDI ports anymore (only USB).
Excellent tip. I think IOS is a better way to go. Thanks!

Ask a Question