Keystation Mk3 to Yamaha Reface CP

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I’m new here and I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I have owned a Yamaha Reface CP for a while. I wanted to keep those sounds but play with some bigger keys so bought an M-Audio Keystation Mk3 to control it via midi. Having connected up the midi out from the keystation to the midi in on the Yamaha I’m getting no sound from the reface speakers... Is this how it works? I’m a bit of a novice at this sort of thing. If someone could give me some pointers I’d be super grateful!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check in the menus of the Yamaha and make sure the MIDI ports are enabled and set to the same channel as the Keystation.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary, it seems as if the reface midi ports are set to on as default, you also can’t change the midi channel on the Reface CP. It just receives them all I think. Thanks for the suggestion! Any other ideas...?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check the settings on the M-Audio.

Make sure it is sending MIDI on Channel 1 thru the MIDI ports and not only the USB.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just bought M-Audio Keystation 61 MK3 to control my Reface CP via MIDI but cannot get the controller to trigger any sound from yamaha. Seems like there's no MIDI connection. I tried omni mode, specific channel set up, enabled MIDI receive more on Reface, check the Kyestation and it works with Abeton on Mac, so it looks like I'm pretty much out of options. If anyone has similar problem or solution I'd much appreciate sharing. Thank you!
Also: I plugged in my old MIDI keyboard to Reface and it worked so it seems to be a problem with M-Audio Keystation and the way it "talks" to Reface CP.

Anyone with any answers?

Ask a Question