keystation pro 88 usb

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to get windows to "see" my keystation pro 88? i keep getting a device descriptor request failed error. all of the tricks i could find about how to fix this from windows and they didnt work. I work in it so im not a dummy. What could it be in the keyboard itself?

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think most USB-enabled MIDI controllers and keyboards these days are designed to work with your computer's default drivers, so in theory you shouldn't need to install a driver.

But many companies do make drivers for their controllers and keyboards just in case one is needed. I have an M-Audio controller myself, and I know that M-Audio does have drivers available, because I usually install the driver even if it isn't absolutely required:

M-Audio (m-audio.com)

EDIT: Note that the Keystation Pro 88 is listed under the "Legacy" product series on that page. There seem to be no drivers available for any specific Windows versions beyond Windows 7 (64-bit) SP1, assuming you have a 64-bit version of Windows, but I did only a quick cursory search.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm a keystation pro 88 owner (that I only use as a surface controller - threw away the keybed) on a modern windows 10 - 64 bit system. The keyboard is plug and play. Like any M - Audio controller these days with windows 10. So if everything is fine with your keyboard and system it should work properly without any drivers.

Ask a Question