Kn 7000 Problem

Reaction score
Please help.
I have a KN 7000.
As you know it has a panel memory : one through eight where you can store eight favourite instruments in Part A and eight more instruments in Part B.
Just above the black and white keys there are pictures of Percussion instruments eg. snare drum and cowbells.
Recently I noted that when I play any instrument in Part B of the panel memory, I hear the programmed instrument as well as a percussion instrument concurrently.For example I will hear a piano as well as a cow bell !
I did try factory reset but that did not help.
Is this a malfunction of the main Panel memory switch?
If so I am unable to find a Tecnnics repair centre in British Coumbia, Canada.
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Naz
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Please help.
I have a KN 7000.
As you know it has a panel memory : one through eight where you can store eight favourite instruments in Part A and eight more instruments in Part B.
Just above the black and white keys there are pictures of Percussion instruments eg. snare drum and cowbells.
Recently I noted that when I play any instrument in Part B of the panel memory, I hear the programmed instrument as well as a percussion instrument concurrently.For example I will hear a piano as well as a cow bell !
I did try factory reset but that did not help.
Is this a malfunction of the main Panel memory switch?
If so I am unable to find a Tecnnics repair centre in British Coumbia, Canada.
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Naz
(e-mail address removed)

I wrote this letter 7 yr ago and it kind gentleman by the name of Roger responded to my letter and send me a file to fix this problem. I cannot find his e-mail but I want to thank him sincerely because my KN 7000 is working!

Ask a Question