KN6000

Reaction score
Hi There I'm new here because I only recently acquired a Technics kn6000. It's an amazing keyboard and I imagine it will do all I want plus more. The trouble is I'm having trouble understanding the manual which seems to presume a certain amount of pre-knowledge. Is there anywhere I can get more basic information about programming, particularly in regard to panel memory and setting up performance memories and suchlike.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums! :)

Have you seen the TechnicsKeyboards site? I'm not sure how active it is anymore, but you could start there:

I think there are a few members of the PSR Tutorial Forum who own, or have owned, a Technics keyboard, so you could also check there:

And of course you can also ask for help here! I don't know how many members here are familiar with Technics keyboards, but most keyboards share at least certain similarities as far as their functions, otherwise anyone who's familiar with one brand's keyboards and then buys a keyboard from another brand would be hopelessly lost. The way all of the controls and functions and menus are laid out will of course vary a good deal, but the basics of what the controls are for and what sorts of functions are available should be at least somewhat similar.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Here are other some sites for Technics keyboards:

Reaction score
Just found that there is a website called epiano dot co dot uk that is selling a used Technics kn6000 for £599.

Also a kn7000 for £999.

I have no idea what these would have cost new.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I have zero experience with Technics keyboards, but I was listening to a demo of one on YouTube earlier this morning, and it sounded pretty gosh darn realistic as far as the "backing" sounds-- drums, bass, electric guitars, brass, reeds, etc. Then again, I have a vague memory that perhaps at least some Technics keyboards could play audio backing tracks?

Reaction score
I own a Technics KN7000 the next model after the KN6000 and know pretty much everything there is to know about how it works... If you are in the UK, Willibop - which judging by your use of the english language you probably are - then I should be able to help you on your way...I live in Wiltshire.

Reaction score
Welcome to our forums! :)

Have you seen the TechnicsKeyboards site? I'm not sure how active it is anymore, but you could start there:

I think there are a few members of the PSR Tutorial Forum who own, or have owned, a Technics keyboard, so you could also check there:

And of course you can also ask for help here! I don't know how many members here are familiar with Technics keyboards, but most keyboards share at least certain similarities as far as their functions, otherwise anyone who's familiar with one brand's keyboards and then buys a keyboard from another brand would be hopelessly lost. The way all of the controls and functions and menus are laid out will of course vary a good deal, but the basics of what the controls are for and what sorts of functions are available should be at least somewhat similar.
Many thanks. very helpful.

Reaction score
Hi There I'm new here because I only recently acquired a Technics kn6000. It's an amazing keyboard and I imagine it will do all I want plus more. The trouble is I'm having trouble understanding the manual which seems to presume a certain amount of pre-knowledge. Is there anywhere I can get more basic information about programming, particularly in regard to panel memory and setting up performance memories and suchlike.
I HAD A KN6000 FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND I NOW HAVE A KN6500 AND I FIND THEM EXCELLENT KEYBOARDS. THE BEST THING I WOULD SUGGEST TO YOU IS TO FIND SOMEONE WHO LIVES NEAR YOU THAT YOU CAN MEET WITH AND TALK WITH ABOUT THE KEYBOARD. THAT WOULD SAVE A LOT OF TIME.

Reaction score
I own a Technics KN7000 the next model after the KN6000 and know pretty much everything there is to know about how it works... If you are in the UK, Willibop - which judging by your use of the english language you probably are - then I should be able to help you on your way...I live in Wiltshire.
Hi I know it's a long time since I posted but I'm having more trouble with the kn6000 sequencer. The book says you can store a rhythm in 'step time' mode before going ahead with recording your sequence, but I can't find out how you store anything. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Reaction score
With the KN6000 the only place you can save anything long term is to a floppy disk, is my first thought...
But then you might want to put the rhythm in step mode that you have produced into the rhythm group 'Memory' button area temporarily; and then use that when recording your sequence at that time. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
With the KN6000 the only place you can save anything long term is to a floppy disk, is my first thought...
But then you might want to put the rhythm in step mode that you have produced into the rhythm group 'Memory' button area temporarily; and then use that when recording your sequence at that time. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. I follow you regarding saving everything on floppy once I have finished my sequence. The issue I'm having is that I want to sequence a piece using bass, drums and guitar. I've found out how to record the bass and guitar on the sequencer in 'Realtime record' mode, however the manual then says 'the track for the rhythm (RHY) part can be selected for recording only when STEP RECORD is active'. So I go to 'step record' but although it tells me what data to record and where, nowhere I can find does it tell me 'how' to save the information so I can continue with my sequencing of the guitar and bass. I can't find a 'save' button nor is there a 'save' option on the LED screen. Any help will be mightily appreciated if you can understand where I'm coming from. Thanks in advance. T

Reaction score
Yes I understand you completely Willibop. But, and there's always a but, although I have composed many rhythms for many songs I have never used step record nor do I know how to use step record although I know that it is there. Sorry.
All my composing is achieved by converting either other keyboard makes style files or converting midi files.

Reaction score
Hi. I too am a newbie. I can read music and play the piano, by ear mostly. I have a kn6000. Would you be kind enough to point me in the direction of locating some sort of visual aid I can refer to to get me started?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Where do you live Conroy because reading the manual which you can obtain through the above web site, might not help a great deal, whereas linking up with a local existing player would help a great deal...

Reaction score
Thank you for your comments. I live in Oakham, Rutland. LE156SA. Finding someone near me would be great. I have managed to locate a dvd tutorial on line. Just waiting for it to arrive.

Reaction score
Just found that there is a website called epiano dot co dot uk that is selling a used Technics kn6000 for £599.

Also a kn7000 for £999.

I have no idea what these would have cost new.
year 1999 : price 6995f (Dutch florin) about 139000Bf.
Price in Euro 3495.
thats what I found in my Technics listings.
stay safe

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I follow you regarding saving everything on floppy once I have finished my sequence. The issue I'm having is that I want to sequence a piece using bass, drums and guitar. I've found out how to record the bass and guitar on the sequencer in 'Realtime record' mode, however the manual then says 'the track for the rhythm (RHY) part can be selected for recording only when STEP RECORD is active'. So I go to 'step record' but although it tells me what data to record and where, nowhere I can find does it tell me 'how' to save the information so I can continue with my sequencing of the guitar and bass. I can't find a 'save' button nor is there a 'save' option on the LED screen. Any help will be mightily appreciated if you can understand where I'm coming from. Thanks in advance. T
step recording
a method of making a TUNE by storing the sounds NOTE by NOTE
You can store a rhythm progression ea: changes in the rhythm selection (pop,ballad..rock..) as well as the intro,fill ins and endings
can be stored by measures with the step recording method.
Creating a new rhythm can be done in the composer .
mris

Ask a Question