Knowledge

Reaction score
Have a Cx 700 61 key board
Basically want a count of beat of 1 2 3 4 to practice playing keys pls inform best way to set up

Reaction score
if you have a smart phone (who doesn't?) you can bring down a free metronome app onto your phone and invoke that. Trust me, it would be the easiest way of accomplishing what you're looking for.

Reaction score
ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!

I refuse to own one of those nasty things until wireless rates won't put me in the poorhouse. :p :p :p
Oh, I don't know - rates are fairly good, depending on what you have chosen....

Here in the states, I have a carrier that I pay around $90/mo for and that inludes 3 lines with unlimited talk/text and also has reasonable data rates.

I remember back in the early days, the brick phone I had, and how much I had to pay for that. I also remember back in the mid-90's when I had a bag phone that was around $100/mo and included 60 free minutes of talk time :)

Grace,
Harry

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's an established fact that Canadian wireless and telecom rates are the highest on the planet.

I got rid of Cable and Landline services over 7 years ago when I was paying over $350 a month for DSL, Cable and Phone.

Nowadays I'm paying about $140 a month for a VOIP landline and a VOIP fax line, 50 Mbit DSL, a couple of streaming video services and a basic flip phone.

The basic flip phone costs me $39.55 a month for 500 minutes and text.

The telecom monopolies in Canada are evil made flesh. :mad:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You guys are getting screwed.

My mobile in the UK costs me £12 a month, it is 4G and I get 300 inclusive talk time and unlimited Data and unlimited texts.

Reaction score
It's an established fact that Canadian wireless and telecom rates are the highest on the planet.

I got rid of Cable and Landline services over 7 years ago when I was paying over $350 a month for DSL, Cable and Phone.

Nowadays I'm paying about $140 a month for a VOIP landline and a VOIP fax line, 50 Mbit DSL, a couple of streaming video services and a basic flip phone.

The basic flip phone costs me $39.55 a month for 500 minutes and text.

The telecom monopolies in Canada are evil made flesh. :mad:

Gary ;)
It is amazing how different rates can be and we are not terribly far from one another, even though we are in different countries (albeit connected).

We 'cut the cable' years ago and simply have an Internet connection with a nationwide company. Their connectivity our here in our area (a small town of around 5,500 people), is questionable at best. We are paying around $90 for our Internet connection. There is a local utilities cooperative that is installing fiber and they have hooked up to our property. We are just waiting for them to come out and install the box. Once they do that, we are switching away from Mediacom. We will have a 50mb up/down fiber connection for $65/mo. There is also no data cap on the fiber connection, so we are indeed looking forward to switching.

With regard to the cell phones, I am reminded of an episode of Corner Gas where Brent (one of the main characters) and one of the police officers (Davis) are having a battle of who has the smallest phone throughout the episode until the end, where they have reverted back to brick phones :)

Grace,
Harry

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
With regard to the cell phones, I am reminded of an episode of Corner Gas where Brent (one of the main characters) and one of the police officers (Davis) are having a battle of who has the smallest phone throughout the episode until the end, where they have reverted back to brick phones :)

Grace,
Harry

I remember the episode. "They look like little girlie phones." (Lacey) :D

But what I'm currently paying is about $63 a month (CDN) for 50 Mbit Fibre DSL (very stable), $40 a month for assorted streaming services, $39.55 for Flip Phone service, and $30 a month for two VOIP lines.

I also have about $300 invested in hardware to pick up 39 Broadcast channels and just picked up a $140 Tablo unit, which is basically a Tivo for Antenna TV. I pull in about 39 channels from Toronto and Buffalo and the surrounding area.

I have no shortage of entertainment, but I am paying well below the national household average for these services.

Canadians are getting screwed? Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue :p :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Oh and BTW, our beloved fearless leaders have announced this year they plan to start charging 15% additional taxes on streaming services. :p

Canada is a Terrific place to buy a house these days, as long as you don't plan to live in it :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score

But what I'm currently paying is about $63 a month (CDN) for 50 Mbit Fibre DSL (very stable), $40 a month for assorted streaming services, $39.55 for Flip Phone service, and $30 a month for two VOIP lines.

I also have about $300 invested in hardware to pick up 39 Broadcast channels and just picked up a $140 Tablo unit, which is basically a Tivo for Antenna TV. I pull in about 39 channels from Toronto and Buffalo and the surrounding area.

I have no shortage of entertainment, but I am paying well below the national household average for these services.

Gary

I have no shortage of entertainment, but I am paying well below the natinal household average for these services.

Gary ;)
We only stream our video anymore. I quit watching the over the air tele years ago and there is really nothing on cable TV that we like to watch, with the exception of NCIS (all of them), The Rookie, and a couple of others. Other than that, we are a Star Trek family. I also got my daughter hooked on Corner Gas, and we've watched the series a number of times already. We've not gotten into the animated series of it yet, but we love all things Corner Gas.

I would say that we pay around $180 for Internet and phones. That is not too bad. I know people who are paying $250 a month just for cable and Internet and then another $200 for their phone plans... it is crazy, in my opinion...

To be honest, I would rather have basic phone stuff and spend that extra $$ in getting more music gear...

With regard to the Internet, my wife is a teacher and teaches remotely. A stable connection is paramount and that is why we are switching to fiber in the near future. I use the Interwebs for my music stuff. My daughter is remote learning from home and so she needs the stable connection as well.

I have always had an urge to live more north than Iowa, and I found out that my mother's side of the family is from Quebec. They emigrated to the US decades ago. My father's family is from Norway, and my grandfather's generation (maybe his father's generation) emigrated to the US through SK... maybe that explains my urge to live more north...

Grace,
Harry

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Up to a couple of years ago my Brother was paying over $800 a month for a family of three for cellphone, and cable internet services.

I think he currently still pays over $400 a month for these services and I helped him switch to cheaper providers every chance I got.

And if I want to watch HBO I still have an Android Kodi box. :p

That was the cheapest investment of all at $40 each.

You tell me if it's fair that the monthly cable bill is as big as your mortgage payments?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary
Reminds me off guitar forums. Someone asked about capos....five pages later debate rage over best clip on tuner.... For a while I thought we'd be comparing cable and satellite bills.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Gary
Reminds me off guitar forums. Someone asked about capos....five pages later debate rage over best clip on tuner.... For a while I thought we'd be comparing cable and satellite bills.

Yes. Apologies for dragging the thread over the mud. :D :D :D

I must not have smoked enough pot this morning :D :D :D

Reminded me of some of the off topic sh*tstorms back in the early days of Fidonet and BBSing.

It seems we never quite forget how easy it is to start a flame war. :D :D :D

Say what you will about Canadian Telecom prices, we still have the best legal pot on the planet. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question