Kor Kronos 2 Not transmitting midi

Reaction score
My Korg Kronos 2 will not allow me to use it as a controller, it has been working but now nothing. I changed midi cords to no avail, I checked the Global midi set up, no problem, but I'm unable to elicit a response from any module or software instrument. I'm thinking that it must be something simple but I can't be sure. I'm using a midi 8x8 midi interface and it seems to be working fine with all of the instruments, including the Kronos 2 but when it comes to playback, I can't program.
My equipment:
Power Macintosh 6 Core
page2_6
MOTU Digital Performer 9 The Latest Mark Of The Unicorn Hard Disk Recording System
page2_8
Logic Pro X
page2_8
Reason 8.0
page2_8
AKG 414
ative Instruments Komplete
Neo-Soul Keys 4.0
Chis Hein Horns
Mojo Horns
Omnisphere
Trillian
XLN Addictive Drums
BFD Drums
And many more…………

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you had it working and it stopped, and you've already tried swapping cables, then it all points to a MIDI Port Failure.

A couple of tests you could run.

You may have to take it to a tech.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
My Korg Kronos 2 will not allow me to use it as a controller, it has been working but now nothing. I changed midi cords to no avail, I checked the Global midi set up, no problem, but I'm unable to elicit a response from any module or software instrument. I'm thinking that it must be something simple but I can't be sure. I'm using a midi 8x8 midi interface and it seems to be working fine with all of the instruments, including the Kronos 2 but when it comes to playback, I can't program.
My equipment:
Power Macintosh 6 Core
page2_6
MOTU Digital Performer 9 The Latest Mark Of The Unicorn Hard Disk Recording System
page2_8
Logic Pro X
page2_8
Reason 8.0
page2_8
AKG 414
ative Instruments Komplete
Neo-Soul Keys 4.0
Chis Hein Horns
Mojo Horns
Omnisphere
Trillian
XLN Addictive Drums
BFD Drums
And many more…………
Check the midi channels again on both devices, i.e. the midi channel that the Kronos is sending on and the module you are transmitting to. Also, ensure that the Kronos midi global setup is setup to send MIDI out the DIN connection. My Kurzweil has the ability to send just locally (i.e. no midi), 5 pin din, USB midi, or combinations of all three. It could have been accidentally changed on either device.

Reaction score
i installed kronos driver then it stoped showing in fl, i uninstalled in restarted it is still same , what should i do to make it be in default

Reaction score
reload the operating system and this should reset the midi back to working; if not then their might be a port failure. if you have soldering skills swap out the midi out port plug with the midi in plug, the plug might just be worn out. if it works then at your leisure replace the apparently unworking midi in plug sometime in the future.

Ask a Question