Korg 01wfd

Reaction score
Good morning,
I'm the repair tech at Music Manor, Lansing, MI. (We sell used/new amps, guitars, keys). I've repaired many keyboards but downloading sounds into silent workstations eludes me. We have a Korg 01wfd that was headed to the dumpster. I snagged it to see what we could do. I've changed the battery and gone through the initializing procedure. Still no sound. In your experience is this something that can be fixed via downloading sounds or other troubleshooting techniques?

We're not married to this item but on the other hand it's obviously well made with a nice look and touch.

Thank you,

Mike

Reaction score
Welcome Mike.

I would not say that that is an old keyboard but even the Korg Forum does not have a section for it, as it could date back to 1991.

Are you getting the keyboard illuminated in any way or is it all dark?

It sounds (sorry bad pun) like you may need to flash the ROM but just what and where you can acquire the code to do so is another matter.

If you get no luck here then a post on korgforums dot come may elicit a response as there are a few knowledgable techs that frequent there.

Goid luck.

Reaction score
Well I pulled a few of the reachable connectors and re-seated them. Then let it sit ON for an hour then did the re-initializing again. It worked! We got a bunch of patches and it sounds really good. I'm more of a Hammond/piano guy but the sounds are strong. The sales guys have it set up. If it stays stable, they'll sell it. Vintage synths seem to sell in our market.

Thank you!

Ask a Question