Korg cx3 organ split question...

Reaction score
anybody know how to do a split on the cx3 korg?.....i just got mine and i'm having a little trouble......it splits and works fine if i use a separate midi keyboard for the lower manual....but i'm trying to just split the on-board keyboard and assign the 2 separate set of drawbars to it....what am i doing wrong?.....thanks in advance for help!.....i gotta use this tonite!......lol.:confused:

Reaction score
korg cx3 split....got it!...a trick....

thanks for the reply....what the book doesn't tell you is that you have to go into edit and turn off the midi in to the lower manual in order that the split function will work on the korg keyboard only.....then if you want to use an external midi board for the lower manual just turn the midi back on....i bought mine used, so i don't know what the default setting was.....but that's why mine wasn't working.....easy....once i thought about it....duh...tricky...:)

Reaction score
Sorry that it was more complicated! I figured it'd just be something that was clear in the manual. Now that I think about it, my Nord Stage has something similar, except that it's clearly labelled on the keyboard itself and described well in the manual, plus I don't use it so I didn't think about it. Glad you figured it out though!

Ask a Question