Korg d1

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for any and all comments on the Korg d1. Thinking of online purchase. Thank you and appreciated.

Reaction score
Three years ago I looked at and tried:-

Roland FP60
Yamaha P125
Casio X1100
Korg D1
Korg B2

The order you see is how I rated them, if you search this forum you will find threads on DP’s including my own thread on the above.

The Roland had for me the best keybed.

The Yamaha had the best piano sounds and it was by far the best at changing the sounds with just a single or multiple presses of a button whereas the others required a two handed operation (button held whilst pressing a specific keybed key).

I cannot decry the Korg’s enough, mushy keybed and piano sounds that just are mediocre at best.

The D1 does not have onboard amp and speakers where all the others do.

Arguably the best DP in this price range is a Kawai ES110, but here in England they are not stocked by many and sadly the one I tried had a very, very noisy keybed so I discounted it but there is lemons in all products and this model regularly tops the reviews as being the best at its price point.

Good luck deciding

Ask a Question