Korg DS2H pedal

Reaction score
After a long time wailing and gnashing of teeth, I'll probably go for the Korg SV2S 88 as my second DP.
It comes with the DS2H pedal, which has basically the same functionality as the DS1H ; however, the DS2h seems smaller and a lot more flimsy, judging from video reviews on Youtube.
Does anyone have any experience with the DS2H pedal ? Is it as sturdy as the DS1H ?

Reaction score
I went to the KORG site (Link) and saw this:

Damper Pedal: KORG DS-2H (included), DS-1H(sold separately)

So either one works; if you don't like it or think it is of sub-par build just use a DS-1H. If you don't own a DS-1H just purchase it. If you can spend north of $2K (USD) for a new keyboard another $50 for the purchase of a DS-1H isn't going to break the bank.

Also, read this thread ...... https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/korg-sv2-out-of-tune.30859/

page 2 of the thread shows the solution.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know either one works, just asked the question whether I should order a DS1H right away or whether the DS2H is just as good. Both support half damping and I know the DS1H is good quality. And it's not because you spend 2k on a DP that you have to just throw away $50.
Was a perfectly honest question, really...

And all brands can produce lemons, if that's what you meant with the 'solution' being on page 2 of the other thread :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You obviously didn't read the thread. The solution wasn't because of a "lemon", it was because the wrong tuning curve was delivered from the factory. Stretch tuning produces wonky tuning results across the keyboard; changing the tuning curve to equal temperment put the keyboard back in tune across the keyboard.

Reaction score
What's that got to do with my question about the sustain pedal ?

I read the thread, but I misinterpreted your first post. Your link to the other thread obviously wasn't about the pedal, I see that now. My bad. Haven't heard anything yet about any tuning problems on the SV2, though...

Ask a Question