Korg EK50-selecting styles from different sets and creating a new set

Reaction score
Dear members, I've always owned Yamaha keyboards and in fact I have 3 Yamaha Keyboards at the moment, but recently I've purchased a Korg EK50. One thing I've noticed is that there is no support from Korg in relation to the extra styles and voices that could be added to the current styles on EK50. I have many thousands of styles that I had downloaded from various sites free of charge for Yamaha keyboards, you can just put the styles on USB and once connected to the Keyboard you have access to all of them. Korg has a totally different logic for their keyboard systems. It seems that you can only use SETS and have access to a very limited number of the styles. Since I knew that styles from Korg PA50/PA50sd are compatible with EK50, I've purchased a limited number of Persian sets. What I'd like to do is to pick styles from different sets and then combine them inside a new set. Is this possible? if so, what software could I use to do this. What is the maximum number of styles that I could have in a set for Korg EK50 (I haven't seen any set that has more than 42 yet). I'm also in search of Armenian Styles as well as Persian styles. Kind regards
Masoud

Reaction score
Welcome.

Your EK50 is Korg's version of a beginners keyboard, it is not one of the PA models (Professional Arranger) like the 700/1000/4X and as such it has limited expansion capabilities.

There are a number of free Style packs that can be downloaded from the Korg product webpage and I presume that these are what you refer to.

The EK50 does not appear to presently have the hundreds of free Styles / Instruments etc that are available on the Korg Bonusware website for the PA models.

So maybe you have not bought the best keyboard for your requirements and I would suggest that by way of a comparison you checkout the Oriental versions of the PA 700 or 1000 model.

The EK50 is not a model that I have played so doubt that I can offer any further advice.

Maybe if you also join Korg Forums there is a section specific to the EK50 where you could also ask the question.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Your EK50 is Korg's version of a beginners keyboard, it is not one of the PA models (Professional Arranger) like the 700/1000/4X and as such it has limited expansion capabilities.

There are a number of free Style packs that can be downloaded from the Korg product webpage and I presume that these are what you refer to.

The EK50 does not appear to presently have the hundreds of free Styles / Instruments etc that are available on the Korg Bonusware website for the PA models.

So maybe you have not bought the best keyboard for your requirements and I would suggest that by way of a comparison you checkout the Oriental versions of the PA 700 or 1000 model.

The EK50 is not a model that I have played so doubt that I can offer any further advice.

Maybe if you also join Korg Forums there is a section specific to the EK50 where you could also ask the question.
Many thanks for your advise.

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have bought Korg EK 50, as of a beginner player. I am looking for Persian/Iranian Styles for my Korg, but I could not find any so far. I have checked the Korg official website and it has only some Turkish and other free Styles.
Anyone knows where I can get Persian Styles, either free or purchase?
What other brand of Keyboards you would recommend for Iranian /Persian Styles, instead of Korg?

Thank you. Reza

Reaction score
Reaction score
Dear members, I've always owned Yamaha keyboards and in fact I have 3 Yamaha Keyboards at the moment, but recently I've purchased a Korg EK50. One thing I've noticed is that there is no support from Korg in relation to the extra styles and voices that could be added to the current styles on EK50. I have many thousands of styles that I had downloaded from various sites free of charge for Yamaha keyboards, you can just put the styles on USB and once connected to the Keyboard you have access to all of them. Korg has a totally different logic for their keyboard systems. It seems that you can only use SETS and have access to a very limited number of the styles. Since I knew that styles from Korg PA50/PA50sd are compatible with EK50, I've purchased a limited number of Persian sets. What I'd like to do is to pick styles from different sets and then combine them inside a new set. Is this possible? if so, what software could I use to do this. What is the maximum number of styles that I could have in a set for Korg EK50 (I haven't seen any set that has more than 42 yet). I'm also in search of Armenian Styles as well as Persian styles. Kind regards
Masoud
This page of Korg has a file for you to download. The name is Style User Bank Manager. It comes as a zip folder, or Rar.
It's a Korg Application for styles management. This is like a demo, because it makes the job just one 1 user file a time. The 1st. 16 styles. Then you export with a name USER01. After that, you make another group of 16 styles and export with the name: USER02. Then, you continue until you have the USER06. After that, you go to your prndrive and copy all of that files you made to the folder EK-50/STYLE/ And there you ptu the users.
Remember: This software only works on Windows XP and Windows 7. Not in Windows 10.
Another point: You may need to instal the actualization of the system of the keyboard, to the version 2.4 or 2.9. It is on the same page of Korg.
I'll try to put here some user files I made with styles for dancing, starting with Gipsy King to Brasilian styles at the end of user06. If I can, that«s good. if not, I'll be sorry. Let's see if this is possible on this site. REMEMBER TO UNZIP.

Attachments

• USER01.zip
    135.7 KB · Views: 651
  • USER02.zip
    136.4 KB · Views: 444
  • USER03.zip
    115 KB · Views: 424
  • USER04.zip
    180.5 KB · Views: 423
  • USER05.zip
    147.1 KB · Views: 420
  • USER06.zip
    114.8 KB · Views: 403
  • name of the styles-it«s a list.pdf
    850.2 KB · Views: 597
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have bought Korg EK 50, as of a beginner player. I am looking for Persian/Iranian Styles for my Korg, but I could not find any so far. I have checked the Korg official website and it has only some Turkish and other free Styles.
Anyone knows where I can get Persian Styles, either free or purchase?
What other brand of Keyboards you would recommend for Iranian /Persian Styles, instead of Korg?

Thank you. Reza
On this page, there are many arabic styles and Turquish. Choose the ones where says Pa 50. They are compatible with EK-50. I also have a EK-50, and I tried this.
The downloads for PA-50 are compatible to EK-50. Try this page:

Reaction score
On this page, there are many arabic styles and Turquish. Choose the ones where says Pa 50. They are compatible with EK-50. I also have a EK-50, and I tried this.
The downloads for PA-50 are compatible to EK-50. Try this page:
Remember to update the system of the keyboard if you want it to recieve 96 styles of user, instead of 48. This is the link to the update page from Korg.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your quick response. I didn't know about this website and overall I never thought it's so complicated to find Style. Anyway, with your help, I was able to download some new Styles from Korg website, and from you guys, but they are not Iranian/Persian that I am looking for. I still can return my Korg EK 50 and buy something else, but I don't want to spend couple of thousands of dollars. I play flute and I want some rhythm along my flute, with Iranian theme. Any Idea?

Reaction score
This page of Korg has a file for you to download. The name is Style User Bank Manager. It comes as a zip folder, or Rar.
It's a Korg Application for styles management. This is like a demo, because it makes the job just one 1 user file a time. The 1st. 16 styles. Then you export with a name USER01. After that, you make another group of 16 styles and export with the name: USER02. Then, you continue until you have the USER06. After that, you go to your prndrive and copy all of that files you made to the folder EK-50/STYLE/ And there you ptu the users.
Remember: This software only works on Windows XP and Windows 7. Not in Windows 10.
Another point: You may need to instal the actualization of the system of the keyboard, to the version 2.4 or 2.9. It is on the same page of Korg.
I'll try to put here some user files I made with styles for dancing, starting with Gipsy King to Brasilian styles at the end of user06. If I can, that«s good. if not, I'll be sorry. Let's see if this is possible on this site. REMEMBER TO UNZIP.
Hi Domingos,
Many thanks for your post. I'll try that and see if it works.
Kind regards,
Masoud

Reaction score
Masoud
Hi Masoud,

Were you able to download any Iranian Style on your EK-50? I have got some Turkish and others from the Korg website and downloaded successfully, but I am looking for Persian/Iranian Style. How can I get them?
If I can't find, I may change my keyboard to different brand. What other brand has the capability of putting Iranian Styles?
Thanks
Reza

Reaction score
This keyboard can receive 96 styles at a time, if you put the actualization from the page ok Korg, related to this specific instrument. It's a bit difficult to find thousands os styles, but with time, it's possible. The Yamaha keyboards, on this range of price, have the possibility to receive only 10 styles a time, and it don't play them from the pendrive. The best model on this price here at Portugal is the PSR EW- 410. It has 76 keys. I have one EK50, and it is very good because the styles have introductions and endings which help us to remember some songs we may play with it. Now I am thinking to buy another keyboard where we can create styles and save them. But I will keep the two of them. The one I think I will add to my setup is the Casio CT X5000. It is know abou his capacities of editions, specially of performances, but It has a different way to acess our prefered sounds or styles. We need to be used to the performance registrations. And it has not a big quantity of styles to download. It can recieve up to 100 styles a time. I think it's a good idea to search about the specifications of then, before your decision. The Yamaha has more than 20 000 styles on internet to download, but it only can receive 10 a time. So, that's why I will decide for this two I mentioned. Meanwhile, take this midle east styles I found on Internet. Uncompress them and put on a pendrive formated as they say on the manual, and on the right folder. This are 92 styles. I hope this what you like. bye, and enjoy.

Attachments

• USER01.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 306
  • USER02.zip
    140 KB · Views: 268
  • USER03.zip
    226 KB · Views: 264
  • USER04 12 ritmos.zip
    217.5 KB · Views: 272
  • USER05- Arabic 1.zip
    106.2 KB · Views: 247
  • USER06 arabic.zip
    143.8 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
This keyboard can receive 96 styles at a time, if you put the actualization from the page ok Korg, related to this specific instrument. It's a bit difficult to find thousands os styles, but with time, it's possible. The Yamaha keyboards, on this range of price, have the possibility to receive only 10 styles a time, and it don't play them from the pendrive. The best model on this price here at Portugal is the PSR EW- 410. It has 76 keys. I have one EK50, and it is very good because the styles have introductions and endings which help us to remember some songs we may play with it. Now I am thinking to buy another keyboard where we can create styles and save them. But I will keep the two of them. The one I think I will add to my setup is the Casio CT X5000. It is know abou his capacities of editions, specially of performances, but It has a different way to acess our prefered sounds or styles. We need to be used to the performance registrations. And it has not a big quantity of styles to download. It can recieve up to 100 styles a time. I think it's a good idea to search about the specifications of then, before your decision. The Yamaha has more than 20 000 styles on internet to download, but it only can receive 10 a time. So, that's why I will decide for this two I mentioned. Meanwhile, take this midle east styles I found on Internet. Uncompress them and put on a pendrive formated as they say on the manual, and on the right folder. This are 92 styles. I hope this what you like. bye, and enjoy.
Thank you so much for your reply. I will try them as soon as I can.
By the way, if we download a file in the keyboard and we find it is not useful, can we delete them from Keyboard?
Thanks

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply. I will try them as soon as I can.
By the way, if we download a file in the keyboard and we find it is not useful, can we delete them from Keyboard?
Thanks
When we put there a new group of styles, the others we had put before, are erased, and only remains the new one. So, it's important to have a back up of all our styles.
ATENCION: may happens if we try to use a style made for other model of keyboard, may be a PA 1000 ou something like that, it may cause our keyboard to get complicated. Maybe the keys doesn't work well, or maybe it creates strange sounds.
So, it's important to know how to reset the keyboard to factory default. It's easy, if we know how to do it.
On Youtube there are videos explaining how to reset Kork EK-50 to factor default. Go there, and learn. It is important.

Still answering to your question, we can't erase a style, one by one. Only on the computer we can rearrange or rebuild the sets of styles.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Catched! You are explaining things about a keyboard you don't have tried. Now you can't make critics to people who still don't have a keyboard, but has studied all about the manual.

Reaction score
When we put there a new group of styles, the others we had put before, are erased, and only remains the new one. So, it's important to have a back up of all our styles.
ATENCION: may happens if we try to use a style made for other model of keyboard, may be a PA 1000 ou something like that, it may cause our keyboard to get complicated. Maybe the keys doesn't work well, or maybe it creates strange sounds.
So, it's important to know how to reset the keyboard to factory default. It's easy, if we know how to do it.
On Youtube there are videos explaining how to reset Kork EK-50 to factor default. Go there, and learn. It is important.

Still answering to your question, we can't erase a style, one by one. Only on the computer we can rearrange or rebuild the sets of styles.
Thanks for this answer. Ive been searching to find out if i add new styles if the others will be deleted. So i would have to reset to default.

Reaction score
Thanks for this answer. Ive been searching to find out if i add new styles if the others will be deleted. So i would have to reset to default.
It's important to have a backup of our styles, on a carpet or a device out of the computer, so this way we never loose them. When we wanto to add just one single style, we can put it on a user file, with the others, changing one of them by the new one. after That we install the same package on the keyboard, with the new stile included. The software for creating the new user file, rearranging the styles is the Korg Pa User Bank Manager.

Ask a Question