Korg equivalent of TVA / TVF

Reaction score
Hello,

So I was going through the DS 88 manual and came across these terms called TVA / TVF in the 'Filters' category. On further reading, it seems all Roland synths use these terms. Is there an equivalent Korg terminology that I can find in my PA 700 - basically, is this something unique to Roland or just called by a different name?

If it is unique, well, what about it is unique?

Regards,
Shekhar

Reaction score
So I was going through the DS 88 manual and came across these terms called TVA / TVF ... Is there an equivalent Korg terminology that I can find in my PA 700
TVA = Amp
TVF = Filter

You'll see that Korg's Filter settings starting on page 416 of the PA700 manual (filter type, cutoff, resonance, keyboard tracking, etc.) correspond pretty closely to Roland's TVF settings on page 8 of the Juno DS Parameter Guide; and Korg's Filter Envelope (Filter EG) section on p. 424 corresponds to Roland's TVF ENV(elope) section on page 9, right down to virtually identical diagrams, though the Korg has one additional parameter (Roland has settings for 4 times and 4 levels, Korg uses 4 times and 5 levels). You can similatrly compare Korg's Amplitude section (immediately following the filter section) with Roland's TVA section (ditto).

Reaction score
Dear All,

Thanks much for all your help. Amazing to see how music unites all of us from the world over. Gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling sometimes. Oh, and two other problems:

1. My 2 year old cat son keeps jumping on my keyboards (they are duly covered, but I worry about the mechanicals / touch screen) - what gives?
2. I am being offered a Roland Fantom 61 (brand new) at a really sweet (Lockdown deal, if you can call it that) - Gear Lust is a bad thing!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Cats are fond of elevated surfaces in general-- part of their "survival instincts" for keeping away from dogs and other dangerous or annoying animals that can't climb.

But I think they also have that sense of "Mommy/Daddy spends a lot of time doing stuff with this thing, so it must be worthy of my attention-- plus, if I lie on it then Mommy/Daddy will be forced to pay attention to me!" :)

Ask a Question