Korg Kaossilator app for free

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Ray, I'm sorry it's bothered you that I moved your post here. :( I do think it merits its own topic, even if it seems like it's just a silly app. Even silly little apps and other sound makers can be used for creating music. And the video is still accessible in the other thread, so hopefully it's something of a win-win?

Remember that musicians come in all ages and all degrees of seriousness, which might be why many keyboards include automobile sounds, animal sounds, nature sounds, etc. If a theremin qualifies as a musical instrument, then surely this app does, too?

Reaction score
On the subject of the App or rather the Kaoss function.

Kaoss is an installed and functioning feature on some Korg keyboards, so despite the childlike operation as shown in the video the system does indeed work in a Theremin manner.

My Pa700 had the feature and it was handy at times but not something I used whilst playing Moonlight Serenade.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Considering Korg still sells the Kaossilator Pro+ for $500 in Canada I don't really think they consider it to be a toy either. I installed it for the hell of it on my Samsung Tablet and might fiddle about with it when I get bored. I doubt I'll try using it for any serious composing though.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question