Korg Krome 61 Shutting Down at Gigs-Help!

Reaction score
I've been having issues with my Korg Krome 61 for the past couple of gigs-- and I thought it was the DC to AC cable...I don't care for how that mini adapter plug goes into the box on a thin line cord which is attached to another thicker cable, and then into the wall outlet, or your surge protector...don't want a middleman, I just want a three-prong thick AC cable that plugs straight into the wall! Korg, that just seems like a cheapo stunt to cut corners for the price. Other than that, I love the board.

Is there something internally wrong with the keyboard, or the DC to AC cable (the AC cable was pushed in firmly so the green light indicating power was on), or is it like another fellow keyboardist posted here--there was too much power in the circuit?

I use two keyboards mainly on gigs--the Krome and a MOTIF XS6. They both go into a Behringer Q802 mixer and into a QSC speaker. All of those cables for the boards, the mixer, and the speaker go into the surge protector. Last night, though, the surge protector went into another surge protector that I believe the BOSE system was running through.

I have another gig today, and I don't have time to figure out logistics/sounds of another board I have right now. The gig is outdoors and the venue has their own sound, including in-ear monitors. They know what they're doing. This is our first time there and I don't want to suffer embarrassment, I want us to shine, sound our best and make a great impression so they will want us to come back.

Right now at home, my board is working fine just going into a surge and a wall outlet. AT HOME. I tried it with and without the mixer into an amp, a Roland KC-100.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Do you mean surge protectors or UPS?

I know that UPS have a maximum you can pull from them, and they will reboot. (Someone hooked up a printer to a UPS at work, and the server ended up rebooting every day.)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
With this kind of short notice all you can do is cross your fingers and pray.

Afterwards maybe take it to a tech and have him doublecheck the power supply and connections.

Sorry, that's the best I can offer.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Do you mean surge protectors or UPS?

I know that UPS have a maximum you can pull from them, and they will reboot. (Someone hooked up a printer to a UPS at work, and the server ended up rebooting every day.)

Hi Fred. What exactly is a UPS? I have a Furman Surge Protector

Reaction score
With this kind of short notice all you can do is cross your fingers and pray.

Afterwards maybe take it to a tech and have him doublecheck the power supply and connections.

Sorry, that's the best I can offer.

Gary ;)
Thanks Gary. I'm calling a repair shop.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Hi Fred. What exactly is a UPS? I have a Furman Surge Protector

Uninterruptable Power Supply. Keeps your stuff running when the power goes out. (Not for long, but long enough to save your files, etc.) Recommended for users of Korg Kronos and other keyboards with a long boot up time.

Looks like that isn't your problem.

Ask a Question