Korg Krome Issue - Stereo/Sustain Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using a Korg Krome workstation for close to two years now, and just in the past couple of months, I've noticed a weird sound issue that only seems to happen with the tones that play in stereo. For the sake of reference, here's a video I posted last month where you can hear the issue (most noticeably around 1:50 - 2:10 & 2:40, and continuing to happen intermittently throughout the rest of the video):

At first I thought it might be a sustain pedal issue, but I swapped in another sustain pedal and still had the issue, and the one I usually use for this keyboard worked fine with other keyboards I have. Doesn't seem to be a cable issue--swapped in a bunch of different cables, alternated from using just the L / MONO output to both outputs for comparison and still experienced the issue. It only seems to happen with the grand piano tones, though--jamming out on one of the EP tones, it doesn't seem to happen.

Any insight into what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi idoherty,
I hit the like button on your post. That was a very nice tune you played. A smooth and mellow sound. I enjoyed listening.

As for your problem, I sincerely hope it can be resolved. Maybe Cowboy is on the money.

Reaction score
I like it now that I can hear better for the moment but not good enough to hear the problem. Your style is much like mine. Hope you do well.

Reaction score
I'd like to hear you going off a little more and longer in that higher octave near 2:40-2;55. That part was especially nice what little there was.

Reaction score
I have been using korg krome keyboard for last two years. It has great sounds. But a register noise is coming all the time and its going with the instruments sound I am playing. From yesterday it doesn't turn on .When I am pressing the power switch then only blinking the lights with joy stick .Please help me to come out from this .How can I start the keyboard.Thank you .

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using a Korg Krome workstation for close to two years now, and just in the past couple of months, I've noticed a weird sound issue that only seems to happen with the tones that play in stereo. For the sake of reference, here's a video I posted last month where you can hear the issue (most noticeably around 1:50 - 2:10 & 2:40, and continuing to happen intermittently throughout the rest of the video):

At first I thought it might be a sustain pedal issue, but I swapped in another sustain pedal and still had the issue, and the one I usually use for this keyboard worked fine with other keyboards I have. Doesn't seem to be a cable issue--swapped in a bunch of different cables, alternated from using just the L / MONO output to both outputs for comparison and still experienced the issue. It only seems to happen with the grand piano tones, though--jamming out on one of the EP tones, it doesn't seem to happen.

Any insight into what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I am getting some continuous and unbearable noise when attaching sustain padel. Attaching the video

Ask a Question