Korg Krome??

Reaction score

Hi,
I currently use a Triton LE as my main gigging board, which I love.
I am looking to replace my 2nd board set up, which consists of a Kurzweil SP88 controlling a Roland JV1010 and a EMU Xtreme Lead Turbo souind modules. Set up during a gig is a pain in the arse with the Kurz & sound modules (rack mounted).

SO, have been thinking about the Krome. My question is, does the Krome have a completely new and different sound set from the Triton LE? Or, are they the same voices?

Would the Triton LE paired with a Krome be a good combo? Or, should I look at Roland/Yamaha?

Cheers!

Reaction score
From what I've read, the Krome's primary selling points are its price point(s) and the 'loopless' piano voices. If you're looking for pianos that are better than the Triton's the Krome might be a good place to look.

Reaction score
Thanks! Anyone know how it's pads/synths are?
Seems to me it's a new version of the Triton series, with updated sound engines. Guess tmrw will be a trip to my local GC to try it out

Reaction score
Hi,
I currently use a Triton LE as my main gigging board, which I love.
I am looking to replace my 2nd board set up, which consists of a Kurzweil SP88 controlling a Roland JV1010 and a EMU Xtreme Lead Turbo souind modules. Set up during a gig is a pain in the arse with the Kurz & sound modules (rack mounted).

SO, have been thinking about the Krome. My question is, does the Krome have a completely new and different sound set from the Triton LE? Or, are they the same voices?

Would the Triton LE paired with a Krome be a good combo? Or, should I look at Roland/Yamaha?

Cheers!

I'm not too sure in terms of how it works as a combination with the Triton that you're speaking of, but you can be sure that if you get a Krome you will be immersed in a vast library of synth effects/pads/leads etc, as well as a respectable set of good quality piano sounds and EP's & Clavs. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with it for it's price, but again like I say, I have never been on a Triton LE so wouldn't know what the Krome would cover that the Triton doesn't offer (if that makes sense). If you're looking primarily at versatility, then I'd say you should check out the Roland FA-08...it's fairly new, and goes for a similar price as the KORG Krome, so definitely worth a look.

I hope that the information I have provided will be of some use to you, haha :)

Reaction score
Howdy,

I've used a Krome as part of my live set up for about a year now. I've never owned a Triton so can't make a direct comparison - but I can promise you the Krome sounds fantastic. It's exceptionally versatile too - the sampled sounds are very nice indeed but you can pull some great synth and pad sounds out of it too. If you don't mind doing a bit of menu diving you'll be amazed at the synth stuff you can come up with.

Given that you made this post over a year ago you've probably already made a decision by now - hope it all worked out whatever way you went.

To answer the other poster - I've never had even the slightest malfunction out of my Krome. It's bulletproof (touch wood). And it gets used extensively for gigging so I would say it's pretty robust.

Cheers!

Ask a Question