korg kronas 61 accompaniment feature ?

Reaction score
Hi I am a fairly new beginner and have been looking at a few keyboards to upgrade from my Yamaha psr e333

I realise that the kronas isn't an arranger keyboard like the Yamaha's but there is a lot of features I like for the price tag

I know the keyboard wont respond like a arranger keyboard will when I change chords with the left hand but I wondered is there anyway on the korg you can produce a backing rhythm other than drums to accomp a song I mean some pre-set rhythm's built in similar to styles on a Yamaha or is that not an option ?

I wanted to upgrade to something better than the Yamaha psr e443 I been looking at and something more portable for busking for around 400 pounds

or if you have any other recommendations of korgs around that price range that are fairly portable that are arrangers

thanks mark

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You can load any standard MIDI file into the Kronos' sequencer to create any sort of backing track you'd like.

You can also hook it up to a computer to run it with arranger software that will play tracks to the Kronos thru USB-MIDI.

As for the 400 UK pounds price tag, if you're looking at a Kronos multiply your price by a factor of ten. Cheapest 61 key Kronos in Canada you can buy new is $2600 plus taxes. The Kronos X 88 is closer to 4 Grand.

Even on Ebay they fetch a hefty price.

Did you by any chance confuse the Kronos with the Krome or the Kross? Those two are a little more reasonably priced, though lack a lot of the features of the Kronos.

Gary

Reaction score
Yeah think its the krome i have seen i looking for somthing around 400 that will do prety much what the yamaha psr e443 does as i put on another thread to get similar functions with other manufacturers you have to jump in price a bit the lower end dont seem to offer it i looked at the korg model withthe number 50 in its model name ? its been around a long time and popular on the continent

Reaction score
The Krome does have a built-in drum and arp feature that will respond when you change chords in the left hand. As you have correctly said, it's hardly an arranger keyboard but it may do the trick for you depending on what it is you're after.

Probably best if you demo one at a music shop if this is a possibility. I own this keyboard and absolutely love it for the way it sounds and how easy it is to use, but in saying that I don't use the drum/arp feature at all, so it may not match your needs.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually at the 400 UK pound mark I believe we're talking about the Korg Kross here.

This is Korg's entry level workstation and I believe it sells about that price in Britain.

I'm not sure whether or not it has an onboard sequencer but like I said previously, any deficiencies can be made up for using a computer and the right software.

Otherwise though, it is still a very good entry level keyboard from Korg and well worth the money.

The Kross is Korg's replacement for the discontinued X50.

Gary

Reaction score
Actually at the 400 UK pound mark I believe we're talking about the Korg Kross here.

The Korg Kross has an ARP and drum style feature, also a "step sequencer", which can create a 64 note pattern. Plus it has a sixteen track sequencer built in, and a recording function. Like the Krome it is a proper "workstation". Just a budget one.

I can't comment on any of those features other than to say they exist. Again, I suggest demoing in a shop.

Ask a Question