Korg Kronos 2 with sticking keys after fall... help!

Reaction score
Hello there,

A few weeks ago, the stand that holds my Korg Kronos 2 88 key decided to break and the synth fell to the floor. It dropped about 2 and a half feet (straight down). Luckily, my bare foot was there to ease its transition to the ground. After my return from A&E I discovered some of the keys now stick and are hard to press, mainly A4 with a little bit on G4 and A3. All other keys seem fine. My question is this, from my description of events, what is the most likely thing to cause this after its accident, and is it relatively easy to fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Depending on trajectory and impact, the keybed may have shifted by a fraction of a milimeter (either left or right depending) just enough to cause friction on the guide pins of those keys.

Two options :

One: open it up and stand it vertical and give the keybed base a light tap with a rubber mallet in order to hopefully realign the whole keybed.

Two: open it up and remove the offending keys and filing out the guide holes with a Very Fine rat-tail file. shouldn't take more than a single stroke or two.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question