Korg Kross 2 amplification

Reaction score
Hi guys...just curious... Can I use my Bose Cinemate II surround speaker system as the amplifier/speaker for the Kross 2? That is, without connecting the keyboard to my laptop with the speaker system plugged into the laptop. Rather, directly plugging into the Kross?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You can very easily use your home theater as an amp and speakers for your Kross.

All you need is one of these cables.

Impedance and line levels are all good matches for home audio equipment and a home theater is designed to accommodate the entire audible frequency spectrum that your Korg outputs.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You can very easily use your home theater as an amp and speakers for your Kross.

All you need is one of these cables.

Impedance and line levels are all good matches for home audio equipment and a home theater is designed to accommodate the entire audible frequency spectrum that your Korg outputs.

Gary ;)
Awesome! Thanks. That's exactly what I was concerned about. Cheers!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
One IMPORTANT note:

Line levels are compatible when matching electronic instruments to home audio gear.

BUT ::: Headphone outputs run WAY too hot. You need an attenuator if you plan to drive your stereo or home theater from a headphone output.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
One IMPORTANT note:

Line levels are compatible when matching electronic instruments to home audio gear.

BUT ::: Headphone outputs run WAY too hot. You need an attenuator if you plan to drive your stereo or home theater from a headphone output.

Gary ;)
Good to know, thanks. I tried to find info on this but can't find anything that fits this topic. Will a guitar attenuator be fine or is there something unique that I need for the keyboard? My Bose system is a standard 3.5 jack. I see that there are attenuator "boxes" and cable adaptor types. Could you help with which kind is appropriate to use? As for the keyboard end, this will be the power source for the speakers so no need for an amp? Oh yes and one more question...how do I know what is "too hot"??

Reaction score
The guy at the music store suggested this... Sounded logical. Will this work? Headphone line to this box, out to the Bose speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_173541.jpg
    IMG_20210301_173541.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 116
Reaction score
The Kross 2 has standard 1/4 inch L & R output connections in addition to a headphone socket.

These 1/4 inch L & R sockets are the ones to use rather than the headphone socket.

A DI box is really intended to avoid interference in long cable runs which can exist between the on stage kit and the sound guys mixing desk if a DI box is not used.

The DI box in your image is a passive type, an active one would be a better choice if you want to go this route.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
^^^ What Biggles just said.

ALSO

The cable I originally linked connects DIRECTLY from the 1/4" Line outs on the Kross TO YOUR AMPLIFIER!@!!

There IS NO AMPLIFIER BUILT INTO THE KROSS OR THE SPEAKERS.

IT HAS TO HOOK UP TO THE AUX RCA INPUTS OF YOUR HOME THEATER AMP.

ALL YOU NEED IS THE CABLE I ORIGINALLY LINKED. NO NEED FOR A DI BOX.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Afterthought

You have a PSR E463, right?

You can connect a Kross 2's output pair into the Aux input of your E series and use the inbuilt amp and speakers of your Yamaha if you wish.

The major problem being, you will need a different cable to the one Gary quoted but hey a guy cannot have too many cables :cool:

This is a 1/4 inch stereo TS pair to a 3.5mm TRS plug which is probably the Aux input of your Yamaha but do verify what is required at both ends of the cable.

Reaction score
Afterthought

You have a PSR E463, right?

You can connect a Kross 2's output pair into the Aux input of your E series and use the inbuilt amp and speakers of your Yamaha if you wish.

The major problem being, you will need a different cable to the one Gary quoted but hey a guy cannot have too many cables :cool:

This is a 1/4 inch stereo TS pair to a 3.5mm TRS plug which is probably the Aux input of your Yamaha but do verify what is required at both ends of the cable.
This is great info. Yes I have an e463 and am considering getting a Kross 2 because of the "more 80's" synth Sounds and because the price is right. However, I don't want to have to shell out another $500 or so dollars for an amp as well so I'm considering what options I have. I use the e463 sometimes with its own built-in speakers but prefer to hook into my laptop and out to the 75 watt Bose speakers. I would like to a) plug the Bose speakers directly into the e463 and B) learn if it is possible to use the Bose speakers as the source for the Kross 2 in case I decide to get it. All of the comments above have answered my questions. Perfect!

Reaction score
Consider getting a small Mixer.

Multiple inputs will enable both your E series and another Keyboard such as a Kross 2 to be fed into the Mixer and the Mixer’s output could then go to your HiFi unit.

This is what a Mixer looks like, this is just the first I found and others may be more suitable for your intended use.
C3FEC39D-EFA3-4C37-A05F-5713A4AF7ED1.jpeg

Reaction score
Consider getting a small Mixer.

Multiple inputs will enable both your E series and another Keyboard such as a Kross 2 to be fed into the Mixer and the Mixer’s output could then go to your HiFi unit.

This is what a Mixer looks like, this is just the first I found and others may be more suitable for your intended use.View attachment 2174
I purchased this 5 channel (6 actually) mixer... Works perfect. Headphone out from e463 to mixer out to Bose... All good now and now I can also add the Kross 2 and a mic and have no problem with amplification.

Reaction score
I purchased this 5 channel (6 actually) mixer... Works perfect. Headphone out from e463 to mixer out to Bose... All good now and now I can also add the Kross 2 and a mic and have no problem with amplification.

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_131816.jpg
    IMG_20210309_131816.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 69

Ask a Question