Korg Kross-61 Favorites Functionality

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and interested in replacing a defunct Alesis QS6.2 with a performance keyboard (<$1k) that has grand/e-pianos, percussive (B3 style) organs, stings, brass voices, and assignable effects to pedal (e.g., rotary). The Korg Kross-61 looks inviting but no local music stores have one in stock, and I can't seem to get a clear answer from the manual or videos I've watched. Here's the question...

Let's say I want to play Chicago's “Colour My World” (yep, and oldie like me :) I set the first Favorites key to play piano left of the split and organ to the right; I then set the second Favorites key to also play piano on the left, with flute on the right. If I select the first Favorites key and play the continuous arpeggio with the left hand, what happens when I press the second Favorites key? Does the piano continue to play uninterrupted, or is there a momentary break in the output (which regrettably, was the way my QS6.2 worked – and a real deal breaker)?

I've checked out the Yamaha MX-61, which provides uninterrupted play over program changes when you hold the sustain pedal -- and maybe the Kross-61 works the same way(?) Anyway, there are other things about the MX I'm not as crazy about, so if you have hands on experience with the Kross, please let me know.
Thanks!
-Ol Will

Reaction score
Thanks to those who checked out this post. If you are curious as to Kross-61 Favorites behavior, I just got an answer from a Korg Forums member who writes, "momentary break as in any entry-level keyboard based on 15-20years old sound engine (with related hardware)." Now we both know.

Ask a Question