Korg Kross volume discrepancy

Reaction score
I am new to keyboards and having a frustrating issue with my Kross. While trying to program sounds/combi's into favorites, suddenly the harmonica sound I was trying to set was extremely low in volume, almost inaudible compared to the other sounds. going through all of the brass sounds, about half of them are like this and I can't figure out why. I probably inadvertently changed some setting, but I can't figure out how to undo it so that this sound is matched in volume to all of the other sounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Welcome.

I understand your frustrations, the Kross menu system takes some learning as it is very extensive.

The Combi in question will also be saved to a User location accessed via the control knob, saving it to a Favourite location so it is available via the selected Pad button is another secondary process.

Using the control knob load the desired Combi and check its volumes, if it is low the settings can be adjusted, if it is OK and saving it to a Favourite causes the volume reduction that sounds like a bug.

I never experienced that problem with my K2, maybe a system reset will clear the bug but it will also clear any user settings.

With the Combi loaded, on the LCD screen you will see just some of the Menu Tabs. Using the buttons under the screen navigate to screen that shows all the instruments in the Combi, select the one you want to adjust its volume and access the volume adjustment. Repeat for the others then save.

Once saved in its format you are happy with then save it to a Favourite location.

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. The major issue is that the sounds in Program mode are extremely low volume or almost inaudible- about 25-30% of the sounds (some that I've never even used). I have even tried several times to do a factory restore, and the issue still persists. Could it be some kind of bug? Should I try to update the software? Thanks

Ask a Question