Korg M3

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying this one since I found it in the stores for the first time (not for quite a few years, though, since I can't afford it yet :p). As I think most of you who knows about this workstation know, it is quite similar to the Oasys. I've been playing around a bit on the Oasys in some stores aswell, and I've just started to find some stuff that I'm looking for, in this case the settings for the pitch-bender thingie, and the function for changing sounds depending on how hard you hit the keys.
After founding those on the Oasys, I started searching for them on the M3, and I thought they would be easy to find since I knew where to find them on the Oasys... But I could not find them... I started to search in some other menus, but couldn't find it anywhere...
Does anyone know if the M3 even has those functions? If not, I will probably start searching for something else.

EDIT: Just found what I was searching for while playing around in the flash menu on Korg's website ^^

But I have another question. If I'm searching for something that prioritize good sounds and effects over playback drums and stuff, is the M3 the right choice for me?

Reaction score
Every keyboard has a different user interface. Yamaha will have it's goods and bads, Kurzweil and Roland - same thing. You just have to get used to how the keyboard works.

Reaction score
When I was testing it, I realized that the playback drums were quite in focus. So, I thought, if there's any keyboard with similar opportunities as the M3 when it comes to the sounds themselves, and splitting/layering and stuff, but without the drums, so I can get the effects that I want, without paying for stuff that I won't use, so I might get something cheaper.

Ask a Question