korg micro x midi keyboard advice

Reaction score
Hi

Bought a Korg Micro X and really like it ,just started playing as I play

guitar but already I am hooked and th 25 keys are frustrating, so I am

thinking of geting midi keyboard, my question is if I buy 37 key board

or another 25 will I be able to play on it as well as the korgs key board

or does the midi become the master keyboard and disable the korg ?

portability is still a concern as I have guitar gear to lug about as well

thanks for any advice
Derek

Reaction score
Right I assume you get the basics of MIDI? In that it only transmits performance data, not sound, as in it can transmit the information to say, play c4, at this velocity, for this long, but won't actually send the "Sound" itself.

You've got a Korg Micro X and you want a bigger keyboard through which to play the Micro X right? Ok you need to pick a keyboard that's the right size, standards are 37, 49, 61, 76 and 88 keys. Hook up the MIDI out from the new keyboard to the MIDI in of the Micro X. Set up the transmit channel on the new board to, let's say, channel 1. Set the receive channel on the Micro X to channel 1 also. (Sorry I've not used a Micro X so I'm guessing). You can then play the sounds on the Micro X from the new keyboard and the Micro X's own keyboard. This is what's called "Local" on. If you set "Local" to off, it simply disables the Micro X's on board controllers, allowing only remote control. It's up to you whether or not you want to do this. Personally, my rigs a lot more complicated and I almost always have Local off, apart from rare occasions.

Reaction score
Thank you for that information I will search for a ontroller there are
plenty recommendations out there obviously if I am gigging then
size is important

thanks again !!

Ask a Question