Korg MS2000 Arpeggiator Click Track?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting together with some friends this November to jam out a bunch of songs, and one of the songs we picked is "Rio" by Duran Duran. Our keyboardist will be using his Korg MS2000 arpeggiator to simulate the Jupiter 4, and we would like to be able to send a click track from the Korg to our drummer so that he is playing in sync with the arpeggiator.

Any advice on the best way to do this? Do we need to buy an external MIDI device (drum machine) to make this happen, or can we somehow have the Korg MS2000 send a click track to our drummer directly, or via MIDI through another device (example: another MIDI synth, or through Garage Band MIDI, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Howdy Ian,

We have to sync drums to a keyboard arpeggiator live in one of my bands, but we don't use midi. Our drummer runs his own click from a Roland SPD-SX, we we just sync up the BPM on that with the arpeggiator on my keys. Works an absolute treat.

No doubt someone here will be able to give you a midi-related answer to your question as well.

Cheers,

Paul

Reaction score
Howdy Ian,

We have to sync drums to a keyboard arpeggiator live in one of my bands, but we don't use midi. Our drummer runs his own click from a Roland SPD-SX, we we just sync up the BPM on that with the arpeggiator on my keys. Works an absolute treat.

No doubt someone here will be able to give you a midi-related answer to your question as well.

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks Paul! So do you mean you just sync it up by ear? If so, that seems like a simple solution, thanks!

Reaction score
Well sort of.

Both my keyboard (Korg Krome) and the Roland SPD-SX have a setting which tells you the exact BPM of the arpeggiator/click. So it's simply a case of matching the numbers.

Now in saying that, as you might imagine, it's not EXACTLY the same given the different brands but it gets you darn close. From there you then make adjustments by ear and alter either the click or the arp, and save it for future use.

Sounds a bit low tech I know, but it's easy and most importantly, it works!

Cheers and good luck.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! The simple solution is often the best solution, and I think this will work just fine.

Ask a Question