Korg PA 1000 Lost Set List/Songbook

Reaction score
I was working on my set list and suddenly a new list ( blank) got created. I can’t get out of the new list and my song book won’t open up and is blank. I shut of the power and unplugged it a few times. No idea what I did .Could really use come help. Thanks

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a corrupted OS.

Now this part could really hurt you.

I would usually say reload the OS from your Backup file.

If you have no backup file go to the nearest solid wall and bang your head against it whilst reciting “ I must always back up my Korg, I must always Backup my Korg “

Until the message has got through.

Once reloaded then load the Save All file, by now you know the process if you have not got one and this is where you really are screwed as potentially you have lost all your user data.

Before you do any of the above, is the Pa working normally apart from the songbook/setlist features?

If it is then you could try a partial load of just the Songbook, using the Save All file.

Media > Load > navigate to the Save All file and drill down until you see Songbook > select > OK

You may need to raise a ticket with Korg Support if we cannot get you going and keep fingers crossed if you do that Paulo can get you sorted.

Reaction score
I was working on my set list and suddenly a new list ( blank) got created. I can’t get out of the new list and my song book won’t open up and is blank. I shut of the power and unplugged it a few times. No idea what I did .Could really use come help. Thanks

If you have no backup file go to the nearest solid wall and bang your head against it whilst reciting “ I must always back up my Korg, I must always Backup my Korg “

Once reloaded then load the Save All file, by now you know the process if you have not got one and this is where you really are screwed as potentially you have lost all your user data.

Before you do any of the above, is the Pa working normally apart from the songbook/setlist features?

If it is then you could try a partial load of just the Songbook, using the Save All file.

Media > Load > navigate to the Save All file and drill down until you see Songbook > select > OK

You may need to raise a ticket with Korg Support if we cannot get you going and keep fingers crossed if you do that Paulo can get you sorted.

Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t replay right away. I was at the ER getting twelve stitches in my forehead from pounding the wall. Yes no backup - 71 year old rookie mistake.
Thanks so much for your reply.
Yes all that is not working is no set list or song book. I must of hit “initialize songbook”.
I do have the folder showing for set lists and song book but what should I do next?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
That will do it, even Korg UK staff said on one of their webinars, never ever select initialise Songbook.

Disclaimer, it is two years since I had a Pa so I may be a tad rusty.

For a factory restore - Media > Utility > 3rd option > Execute

If this does not work try downloading the latest update v1.5 and follow the update process as described in the text file within the downloaded Zip file.

Absolutely the best way of working with Songbook and Setlists is to use Korg’s Songbook Editor software. I can point you in the direction if you want to follow this path once your Pa is sorted.

I am in the UK and have no idea where you are in the world but I will check back later to see on progress.

Reaction score
That will do it, even Korg UK staff said on one of their webinars, never ever select initialise Songbook.

Disclaimer, it is two years since I had a Pa so I may be a tad rusty.

For a factory restore - Media > Utility > 3rd option > Execute

If this does not work try downloading the latest update v1.5 and follow the update process as described in the text file within the downloaded Zip file.

Absolutely the best way of working with Songbook and Setlists is to use Korg’s Songbook Editor software. I can point you in the direction if you want to follow this path once your Pa is sorted.

I am in the UK and have no idea where you are in the world but I will check back later to see on progress.
Thanks so much, Biggies
Getting ready to execute a restore ,but one more question: as I move through this process will I have options to save my instrument settings? Set list? Songbook settings? Or are they all going to be gone?

Reaction score
Perform a Save All file creation, this backup to a .set file all user data.

Page 944 of the Manual runs through the process, just save it to your USB storage.

Do note that this is different to creating a Backup.

This old thread may also help.

There is another issue with Korg Pa that needs pointing out if you want to load sound samples, Korg uses a .set format and if you load the whole file it can overwrite all or some of the onboard sounds, to get around this you have to navigate down within the .set file until you see the actual sound sample.

Reaction score
Perform a Save All file creation, this backup to a .set file all user data.

Page 944 of the Manual runs through the process, just save it to your USB storage.

Do note that this is different to creating a Backup.

This old thread may also help.

There is another issue with Korg Pa that needs pointing out if you want to load sound samples, Korg uses a .set format and if you load the whole file it can overwrite all or some of the onboard sounds, to get around this you have to navigate down within the .set file until you see the actual sound sample.
Thanks ,Biggles.
I am going to try it tonight. Really appreciate your help.

Reaction score
Hi Biggles. I saved what I had as you suggested and did a restore of just my songbook. So I have about 20 songs to reconfigure and put in my set list ( good thing thats all). I definitely learned a lesson about backIng files up. Thanks again, you were very kind to help.

Reaction score
There is another way to manage your own songbook.

That is to save to USB, and it runs off the memory stick so backing the whole memory stick up on your computer after every session where you add to the songbook is so much easier and safer.

To see a Songbook on a USB in action download Osimo onto your computer and then place the Osimo.set file on your USB then when it is inserted into your Pa select Media > Load, then navigate to the Osimo file and Execute. It includes about 150 songs and a few setlists and best of all it take up zero internal Pa memory.

Download Osimo from Korg UK’s site specific for the Pa series. Whilst on the site you will see Webinars, past hour long interactive sessions which are available to watch. Do download the correct version for your Pa

Reaction score

That is to save to USB, and it runs off the memory stick so backing the whole memory stick up on your computer after every session where you add to the songbook is so much easier and safer.

To see a Songbook on a USB in action download Osimo onto your computer and then place the Osimo.set file on your USB then when it is inserted into your Pa select Media > Load, then navigate to the Osimo file and Execute. It includes about 150 songs and a few setlists and best of all it take up zero internal Pa memory.

Download Osimo from Korg UK’s site specific for the Pa series. Whilst on the site you will see Webinars, past hour long interactive sessions which are available to watch. Do download the correct version for your Pa

Reaction score
Forgot to mention.

I created a folder on my PC in the Pa USB memory stick which I called Direct.

Then when you save Styles etc you can enable the use of the Direct function (which is why I called the folder Direct) try Media > Save then you should see Use Direct greyed out. Select it to enable the function and you should be good to go.

Do check and follow the Manual as I am a tad rusty on matters Pa

Reaction score
Forgot to mention.

I created a folder on my PC in the Pa USB memory stick which I called Direct.

Then when you save Styles etc you can enable the use of the Direct function (which is why I called the folder Direct) try Media > Save then you should see Use Direct greyed out. Select it to enable the function and you should be good to go.

Do check and follow the Manual as I am a tad rusty on matters Pa
That sounds really exciting. Thanks

Reaction score

Oh this sounds great

Reaction score
Korg can be very fussy about USB stick brands.

It is always best to format one in the Korg, then do your saves etc to it.

This is why I said to always backup your USB stick

BTW
there is also a slot under a cover on the rear LHS of the Pa that takes a MicroSD card. I used the MicroSD card in mine to store duplicates of all Backups, Save All and downloaded files ie the Bonusware stuff that is available for free.

Reaction score
Korg can be very fussy about USB stick brands.

It is always best to format one in the Korg, then do your saves etc to it.

This is why I said to always backup your USB stick

BTW
there is also a slot under a cover on the rear LHS of the Pa that takes a MicroSD card. I used the MicroSD card in mine to store duplicates of all Backups, Save All and downloaded files ie the Bonusware stuff that is available for free.
Thanks Biggles , I got a new stick and was able to format it to work perfectly. I did a backup and also downloaded those free Triton sounds. Thanks to you I’m on a roll.

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles , I got a new stick and was able to format it to work perfectly. I did a backup and also downloaded those free Triton sounds. Thanks to you I’m on a roll.
Opps I thought everything went well ,but Osimo styles took over my set list after I downloaded them. So I did a factory restore . What did I do wrong? Cant I make the Osimo styles a set list along with my own and the factory styles?

Ask a Question