Korg PA 4X Arranger Keyboard

Reaction score
Hello,
>
>Where is the drums/percussion button located on my Korg PA4X Arranger. There does not seem to be one on the surface of the keyboard.
>
>This is strange as my i2 and PA1XPro have this button right on the surface of the keyboard. I use these all the time, to access drum solos while I am playing live. I can't seem to get this done with the PA4X.
>
>Please help.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Tony Carlucci
>(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Welcome.

That is something that I have not noticed is missing on the couple of occasions that I have played a 4X, there is a button on the Pa1000 & 700 to mute the backing so only the drums play but as you rightly state there is no button on the 4X by default.

Not sure if this will work but if you press and hold the Shift button then press Assignable button 3 (normally this is set to off by default) and see if there is the option you seek on the drop down menu.

If there is select it and to ensure it is saved check the rest of the keyboard has the startup settings you want, then press and hold the My Settings button to lock this configuration to as it will be on startup.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

What you are experiencing is one of the many adverse comments on changing features/functions on the 4X over previous models that have been commented upon over on the Korg Forum site.

Ask a Question