Korg Pa 50 trying to load styles from floppy!!!

Reaction score
Hi all, Just joined a few minutes ago and have just purchased the above, second hand with the original manual. as far as I am concerned it is a very badly written manual if fact the worst I have studied compared with Roland, Technics and Yamaha. There is a big section on making and recording your own styles but does not explain how to save them to floppy and if one has made some styles on the computer, using "EMC Styleworks" how store them onto the keyboard in a location of your choosing. It states you can choose your location but it don't work.
If any one has knowledge of any of this I would appreciate your help.
I am working on another idea about increasing the floppy storage size of 1.44 mb but will explain in another thread.

Reaction score
Hi all, well I am a bit dissappointed that even though there have been 29 views no one has anything to say. If a non member looks at a thread, does it register as a view?
Where I am at regarding above.
On computer I converted a .mid file (whiter shade of Pale) to a Korg style (.sty) then saved it to floppy disk. then on the PA50 I loaded itand at thge time had no idea where it went on the PA50 (which bank). Had a quick search and couldn't find it. the next day I had a long session and found it in the user 3 bank page 2.
and it worked fine although abit muddy, too much info on it I think.

P.S. Hope I am not talking to myself.

Reaction score
Just tried to upload the Whiter Shade of Pale style (extension .sty) so you could try it out, but it didn't work. Maybe someone could assist me on this. Thanks.
PS thought I would try a sneaky changed the extens to .jpg but that didn't work either.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, if a non-member views the thread it still counts as a view - even when a search engine crawls the page. I'm sure someone that knows the answer will reply soon (I don't know the answer to this one). Hang in there :D

If you want to upload a file, you could try zipping it and that should do the trick :).

Reaction score
Yep, if a non-member views the thread it still counts as a view - even when a search engine crawls the page. I'm sure someone that knows the answer will reply soon (I don't know the answer to this one). Hang in there :D

If you want to upload a file, you could try zipping it and that should do the trick :).

thanks Ian.

Reaction score
here is the korg Style (.sty) Whiter shade of pale.

at my website.
http://reformed.50g.com/whiter01.rar

When you click on the link you will have the option to run or save do save and you can put it where ever you want on your hard drive. I recommend you make a new folder to put it in.
you will need to unpack it with "winrar" which is available at:----------------------------------- http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

After you have unpacked it you will have the file "whiter01.sty"
you can also load it into "EMC styleworks and change into a Technics, Roland, Yamaha style if you want.
go to:-
http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/bonusware.html
and scroll down to near the bottom of the page to get "EMC Syleworks"

I have tested this on the Korg Pa50 and the PA 500 and it works OK. I think it will work on most PA series keyboards.
Please give it a go and let me know what you think.
Please realize that this is my first attempt and is not perfect.
http://reformed.50g.com/whiter01.rar

Ask a Question