Korg PA600: 4 questions from newbie

Reaction score
I've been playing music since the 1960s, but am just now getting serious about exploring the capabilities of a keyboard I can use for accompaniment in live gigs (me and a guitar player). I'm leaning toward the Korg PA600, but I have a few questions about it before I buy. Any info is appreciated, and remember--I'm a newbie at this. Also, I'm a Mac user.

1. My goal is to maintain a set list (songs linked with their associated styles) on my iPad or MacBook, and select songs with their styles from there, instead of from the small Korg screen. Can I make the PA600 and iPad communicate in this way?

2. Can I edit styles on the PA600 to simplify them? (For example, strip harmonica and banjo out of a country style, leaving just bass, drums, etc.)

3. Can I import styles from other sources? (Do users share styles, or do companies sell them? I'm intrigued by the styles on the Korg Liverpool.)

4. I previously purchased MainStage software, but have not used it yet. Can it interact with the PA600?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
For you it's late but for other people....
You can easily simplify styles by muting some tracks, it's very easy.
You can import styles, Korg keyboards have so much space and shouldn't this be enough, you could also overwrite presets, yes, because the preset styles aren't really presets.
But, no, the styles from the Liverpool keyboard can't be used. They can't be edited and stored outside the instrument.

Ask a Question