Korg PS60 vs Korg m-50, what should I get??

Reaction score
I am new to electronic keyboards (piano player here). I want something that I could use for playing songs by my favourite bands (heavy metal) I don't know if I should get the Korg PS60 or Korg m-50. The PS60 has the basics I need (and a lot of more I don't really know about..) for example:

I can split/layer sounds, it has a joystick, even if it only has 61 keys I can change the octave, it has a lot of different sounds...seems like that's all I need for being able to play along in songs..
And, it costs half as much as the Korg m-50!

soo...Do you think I will make a good purchase? As I said, I'm totaly new to keyboards (even if I have been playing the piano for many years) so I don't really know what to look for. I just read the "which keyboard should I get" article and thought I needed something that was called a workstation, but I don't see any reason why the PS60 would not be good for me.
I guess it's not possible to add new sounds thought, but it should be ok because it already has a huge variety of sounds in it.

Also, is it possible to use it as a midi for Cubase/Sibelius or whatever?

Please tell me what you think!

The Y_man

Reaction score
The main difference between the PS60 and the M50 as I understand it, is that the PS60 is a "pure" synth. The M50 is an "arranger/workstation" - in simple terms, it can also play drums and backing for you, where the PS60 can not.

The drums/backing is a great boon if you want to be a "one-person band".

Have a look at Youtube for demo videos on both.

The Y-man

Ask a Question