Korg SP-100 won't power on

Reaction score
I have had this SP-100 for over 12 years. We moved last year (it worked then) and the keyboard was placed in the attached garage/laundry area until we got things set up. It would get warm in there do to the dryer. We moved the keyboard into another area to set it up. Now it won't power on. I have tried a couple different 12V adapters. Someone else said it might be the fuse. but i don't see an external place to check it. Also was told it could be the circuit board. I haven't opened it yet, but I will. Just hoping someone could tell me what i need to look for, and what troubleshooting i should do. Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The fuse is often internal on a lot of keyboards. You won't see it until you open it up.

Also, DO NOT use any 3rd party adaptors! The Korg adaptor is a regulated power supply, not simply a filtered bridge like most adaptors. Using a non regulated supply on it could result in component failure.

My advice is to take it to a repair shop. Without the proper know how and test gear, there's not much an amateur can do to repair most problems.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks...I was trying to find an authorized Korg repair shop close to me, but not for sure where. I live in Norfolk, VA 23505

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be an authorized shop if it's 12 years out of warranty. Anybody who specializes in keyboard repair could probably manage the repairs.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question