Korg SP-280 Issue

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm trying to fix an SP-280. The issue is a little odd.
As soon as the voice is changed, it isn't possible to change it back to the original. Also, when I press the function button all of the LEDs start flashing (seemingly randomly) and the voice changes and again, won't revert back. In addition to this, the LED panel on the right-hand side isn't displaying properly
I read through the manual looking for a way to factory reset, but it claims that everything is reset by simply turning it off and on again unless I'm misreading it.

The only thing I've found was a chart that I don't understand in the manual that said something to do with a system reset, transmission, etc. This is my first time trying to fix anything non-mechanical with a keyboard. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Welcome.

Try the Korg reset that works on many keyboards, press and hold the function button as you then power the DP on.

If that does not work contact a repair tech for a quote.

Repair costs can easily mount up if you go this route and as the 280 is now quite an old model it may well have to be time to move on to a new DP

Ask a Question