Korg Triton Extreme OR Roland Fantom X7

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looking for any opinions on either the Korg Triton Extreme 76 or the Roland Fantom X7 as I am looking at buying one or the other.

Had my trusty Roland XP-80 workstation synth for years, now its time for something more versitile live so hence where I am in the market for something new.

All I ask from it simply, is of course to sound good, which both of them do. BUT I need it to, split easily, so I can play a pad on the bottom, synth lead on the top, (alas 'The Final Countdown'. I need it to transpose quickly down keys etc, & also if I can be done, IF ANYONE KNOWS, I want to load patches off a CDROM from my computer from a Roland JX8P (one of which I own) & load it onto the Korg or Roland, Does anyone know if a) it can be done and b) how to do it?

If anyone has any info that would be great!

Thanks

xxxx from NZ

Reaction score
Yeah Roland is better, at least with nice piano and string sounds but I don't like the fantom much...I would pick the Korg Triton extream EASYLY

Reaction score
ok go roland------- very hard metal case.....and why would you niot get the x8 like for a few pound extra

and no the keyboards are specifical designed to oppose one another unless you have some very clever programming you cant bring the patches from one make to another!

Reaction score
well I for me it dosen't matter if I use the x8 or triton extream cuz on my lvl it dosen't matter

Ask a Question